Is the sh.28xm p8 any good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an OS .21tm in a Losi Ten-T once. That thing was stupid powerful in that rig. It sounds like its probably what I would put in a revo too....unless you can build the REVO up to handle that power and then I might go with the .28

Does HoBoa make a .28 version of that engine or any good quality .28s?

I think they do ,I have to check the web site ,my engine came in the mail with in 5 days from east coast to west ,
they had very fast shipping too!

What happened to "D lamo". He hasn't responded to anything that anyone has mentioned or suggested ?? Is any body out there??🤔🤔 🤣🤣🤣

Put this bad boy on ,its the Hyper 30!..:hehe:...butyea they have the 28 size ,here is the site!

1631050489198.png

Their site!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/402916674605?epid=19011377352&hash=item5dcfb48c2d:g:28sAAOSw01JgxLwt

They are also turbo plug now ,the 28 sizes are only $ 135!.. :cool:

I think this is a different store in the US too!..:thumbs-up:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324690376750?hash=item4b990df82e:g:JfsAAOSwxlFg1UBU
That pull bar system is sweet.👍👍 I like how it's just a nob until you slid handle on it. And it's a full handle. Probably easier to pull then the little T bar pulls on them now... wonder if you can put that on any nitro engine... OOOO I'm looking into that one.. NICE I like it 👍👍👍

That pull bar system is sweet.👍👍 I like how it's just a nob until you slid handle on it. And it's a full handle. Probably easier to pull then the little T bar pulls on them now... wonder if you can put that on any nitro engine... OOOO I'm looking into that one.. NICE I like it 👍👍👍

Yea ,its pretty cool ,I've ran the old style Ofna Hyper 21 an still run one in my LD3 street car ,they are ligit
badass engines ,but I hope Hoboa's name kept the badass in the engines!.. :hehe:

Thats why I am in a hurry to get mine done an in the buggy to find out!..:thumbs-up:

Yeah man they definitely look SWEET. Very cool...👍👍😍😍

thks guys really helped me out alot!
Well for a BIG block you can't beat the price.. How good and reliable it is not sure never ran one.. But with putting a BB you will need a BB conversion kit also. And better gearing in the tranns. Along with CVDs which will add up. Did your 3.3 crap out? Or you looking for more speed or more tourqe, or all around power? There's alot to consider when going to a BB.. there's better options for the revo 3.3 IMO.. if l your just looking for more power and $$ isn't the question.. Then why don't you go with a drop in engine? The O.S engines are a drop in no other mounts needed..The .18tm and .21TM both have more power then the 3.3.. also can also go with the Pico .26. BB. Need the BB mount and different spur/pinon. To get the gear mesh correct... So the real ? Is what are you trying to do with your revo???
just want to make my Revo a monster of a machine that literally pops wheelies everywhere, and the stock engine just can't satisfy me anymore, which is the reason why is want to do a BB conversion.
And speaking about gear meshes, which spur and pinon should I use after putting in I BB engine, and is a CVD upgrade really that necessary?
What happened to "D lamo". He hasn't responded to anything that anyone has mentioned or suggested ?? Is any body out there??🤔🤔 🤣🤣🤣
:(

Last edited:
Oh 100% you will need CVDs. Along with center drive. And also all metal tranns gears.and probably stronger diff gears. A BB is alot of work and mods to get it rite in a revo. And that's not even mentioning the chassis.. as for gears some where in the pinon 16/20 spur 36/40. Depending on what tires and motor and other things to consider... the weight difference with the BB. Getting put in the Revo's engine location. Look on YT the engine you want in a revo. Or any BB conversion in a revo.

And also look at the O.S 21TM or Pico engines. O.S is a direct drop in. To the mount you have now. And won't need so many up grades or mods to chassis for it....And with the rite gearing will have a hell more power and tourqe then the 3.3

Oh 100% you will need CVDs. Along with center drive. And also all metal tranns gears.and probably stronger diff gears. A BB is alot of work and mods to get it rite in a revo. And that's not even mentioning the chassis.. as for gears some where in the pinon 16/20 spur 36/40. Depending on what tires and motor and other things to consider... the weight difference with the BB. Getting put in the Revo's engine location. Look on YT the engine you want in a revo. Or any BB conversion in a revo.

And also look at the O.S 21TM or Pico engines. O.S is a direct drop in. To the mount you have now. And won't need so many up grades or mods to chassis for it....And with the rite gearing will have a hell more power and tourqe then the 3.3
thanks!
btw what's the size of the stock pinion and spur? (I mean tooths)
and as well as the part number for the center drive, lol I can't find It anywhere

Oooppps forgot to hit post. 🤣🤣 was going to send him the same thing this morning. I thought I did until you just posted and I saw it sitting here🤣🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I run stock plastic axles on both my big block revo and 21TM revo without too many issues. I run a 1/8th clutch/flywheel/bell on the big block (moved the trans forward 1/4") and dynamite maxlife traxxas shoes on the 21TM with the standard revo sized bell.

I'm not sure what gearing to run with a big block as mine is weirdly done. The revo I have as a big block started as a slayer. It has higher ratio final drive gears in the transmission to work with the smaller slayer sized tires that I never upgraded to metal, so my spur/pinion are lower gearing than you'd typically find on a big block, 14/40 bell/spur. I run 16/38 in the 21TM revo.

I have the standard ratio 2 speed in both.

My 21TM revo has full RRP steel in the trans. My BB has RRP steel input/2-speed, but the slayer plastic final gears. Not sure why they hold up, but they do.

My last 21TM video
My last BB Revo video

Last edited: