is it really waterproof???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well, it rained so hard here it flooded the street, so what does any RC'er with a supposedly waterproof rig do?? well try it out!!!!

IMG_8128-1024.gif

IMG_8129-1024.gif

IMG_8130-1024.gif

IMG_8131-1024.gif

IMG_8132-1024.gif

IMG_8133-1024.gif

IMG_8135-1024.gif

IMG_8136-1024.gif

IMG_8137-1024.gif

IMG_8138-1024.gif

IMG_8139-1024.gif

IMG_8140-1024.gif

IMG_8141-1024.gif

IMG_8142-1024.gif

IMG_8143-1024.gif

IMG_8144-1024.gif

IMG_8145-1024.gif

IMG_8146-1024.gif

IMG_8147-1024.gif

IMG_8148-1024.gif

IMG_8149-1024.gif

IMG_8150-1024.gif

IMG_8151-1024.gif

it was all fun and games, until i realized my house was flooding as well!!! chit!

spent the next 4 hours sucking water out of the carpet.

IMG_8152-1024.gif

it ran though, and had no issues, other then the leds kept cutting out.

I'm not afraid to say how rediculously jealous I am. That is too sweet!

Sorry to hear bout the house though Beason, that sucks.

it was pretty sweet. but now i have to figure out how to get the water out of the tires. it rubber is very soft and I'm afraid to do the hole in the tread thing.

i planned on driving all the way across the "pond" but the blasted thing floats.. :D\

That is some awesome chit right there. A crapload of rain too, lol. Send some our way! All the grass is dead... lol

Didn't know the Summit was waterproof! Now you can crawl on the bottom of a rocky lake, lol

Sucks about the house though... lol No lasting damage, I hope?

I heard ya'll were getting hammered, beason! I can't believe you got the Summit so dang fast. I am SOOOO jealous! Wanna trade for a brand new HPI MT2 G3.0? ;)

When i read the title of the thread i thought it was just gonna be another thread asking if its true that a particular RC car is waterproof. I'm happy that i did click it though, it looks like you really enjoyed yourself!

Thats a whole lot of water right there, atleast your making good use of it :D

Sorry to hear about your house being flooded though buddy, hope it didnt cause too much damage.

well i went out today to see about getting the water out of the tires, i figured, hey they are bead locks ill just take one side off, dump it, and put it back on... 12 screws later. there fake beadlocks....

i ended up having to put holes in the tires. i did them inside the big lugs so hopefully they wont rip. hung it up with some rope from the garage door and ran a whole charge through it at about med throttle. i think i got most of it out. it was fun, but i dont think ill be doing that again soon.

hold its head or um bumper. that should stop the shaking itself dry

Hey Beason, about your batteries... What did you use? are they waterproof? What did you do to protect your packs? I know MaxAmps packs are waterproof straight out of the box but I'm sticking with Nimh packs and was wondering if I should do anything to them before running in the wet.

i didnt do anything to them. just stock vemon 6cells. run the same ones in my boat and they get soaked, with no issues

Just stick em in a balloon with a zip tie, then silocone, then another ziptie.... its what me n FLM_savage did with our wheelie king batteries, and we were in the same ammount of water....... well, the mississippi river.

Back