Integy Air Filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmermw

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Okay, so I got this new supposed high tech air filter today from my LHS. They told me to try it out and see how I like it. When i got home and opened it up, this thing is way more of an air filter than I have ever messed with. It has a small metal rod similiar to a throttle and brake and a set screw and some other stuff. Here is a link. Can anyone tell me what all this is for?

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=4256&p_catid=3

Let me ask the million dollar question before I go on a rant. Did it come with a manual?

It's a pretty filter. Yup. Pretty. But I have no clue what all that hardware is for. I can only imagine what's lurking under there to need all those tools. If you're not sure, take it back. If you're sure you want it, take it apart. That should tell you what everything does. I honestly have never seen a filter that requires that much tool support...

I checked online, and got this.

This product includes one blue air filter housing with factory installed 2 stage filter, one extra 2 stage foam filter, one 90 degree rubber mouting elbow, one 4.5" long x .050" diameter mounting wire, one 3x10mm phillips head machine screw, one 3mm nylon insert lock nut, one 3x3mm set screw (1.5mm hex size), one 1.5mm hex wrench and two 5" long zip ties.

For that price, I'd bring it back and spend a bit more for a MotorSavers.

Last edited:
Instructions?... for an Integy product? pfft!

I thought about getting one of the 1/10 scale versions for my GT2... then I bought a motorsaver.

My guess is that the black thing replaces the screw in the top of the filter housing and the black thing has a hole drilled in it for the wire to go through. Then you can run a wire through the hole, use a set screw to hold it in place and then bolt the other end to your truck.

This is to keep it from flopping around. Being alloy, it's got more weight involved than a plastic housing that is normally found on air filters. So the wire is an end support much like a wire that you use for the end of the exhaust to keep the pipe from flopping around.

My guess is that the black thing replaces the screw in the top of the filter housing and the black thing has a hole drilled in it for the wire to go through. Then you can run a wire through the hole, use a set screw to hold it in place and then bolt the other end to your truck.

This is to keep it from flopping around. Being alloy, it's got more weight involved than a plastic housing that is normally found on air filters. So the wire is an end support much like a wire that you use for the end of the exhaust to keep the pipe from flopping around.

I would have to agree. I actually have the end of my Savage filter (NOT INTEGY!) attached TO THE TRUCK to keep it from flopping around, theres no way my filter is falling off.

Okay thanks for all of your replies. NO it did not come with a manual or i would have read it! Lastly, it was a freebie so I did not have to pay a cent for it. Just thought I would see if anyone knew what the heck all those parts were for. Way to much for what I am needing.

Thanks again.

I'm glad to hear you got it for free. Just promise us that you'll NEVER spend good money on anything made by Integy.

So.....whats wrong with integy products ??? too much £££ (or $$$ even ?)

Integy makes a very pretty product. That's it. They're subject to breakage more than other brands, and you will get ABSOLUTELY NO customer support.
The instant you mount the part on the truck the warranty is void.
If you expect them to warranty their product you'll need to leave it in the sealed package, but good luck getting them to answer an EMail.

No, once they are out of the package there is no warranty. Basically you can return it unopened like a CD.

Not to mention that basically everything they make isn't worth the package it comes in.

My buddies had good luck with integy shock towers on his t Maxx. The way they adjust the ride height is killer. They look bad to the bone, also. He left the plastic body mounts in place to absorb impacts, and they've held up great. That will be the only thing with the integy name I will ever buy.

Actually I've heard good reports on the shock towers. Their shocks, pretty as they are, are another story, and not one with a happy ending.

Ok, that said rolex, how about you compiling a (rough) list of parts that are "OK", that integy manufacture/supply ??

Just an idea, help people avoid the hassles other "Less Satisfied" integy customers have had ?

That's my entire list. Shock towers. Several members here haven't had problems with them. We all know the shocks are the pits.
The nerf bars are the only Integy parts I ever bought, and I got them only because they were on sale for only $10. They have the "ping" of a crystal bell. Pretty, but not aircraft grade alloy. (I've almost gotten the name Integy buffed off them.)
All my alloy parts are from GPM or Fast Lane Machine. Cooling head from Nova.

nova is a good company as it happens, i'm planning on another 2 heads from them. I got one already on my O.S 30

I used to get my heads from ACNCM, but they're no longer in business.
Shortly after I got the Savage X I ordered a head from another company and got the wrong one twice. They gave me a refund, then I found that Nova was the only one who made the head for the F-4.6.
It's a real beauty.

try giving it a going over with some silver polish, they really gleam afterwards.

Back