Traxxas Revo 3.3 optidrive acting funny

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcaddict234

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I have a Revo 3.3 with the optidrive. It has been acting funny off and on for a month or two. The throttle keeps sticking wide open and I can’t brake to slow down. I can steer. The shifting servo also acts weird. It shifts but I need to push it to get it to shift. I replaced the stock shifting servo and got an all metal one. Can anyone help me with this? I need to keep the optidrive system so please don’t tell me to take it out.

I've never owned an Optidrive kit so I can't give you any guidance there. All I know is they were generally regarded as junk but you probably already knew that. Hopefully someone with Optidrive experience will chime in here shortly.

I've never owned an Optidrive kit so I can't give you any guidance there. All I know is they were generally regarded as junk but you probably already knew that. Hopefully someone with Optidrive experience will chime in here shortly.
Yes I did. Thank you for being so respectful and nice. With my experience with these forums that doesn’t happen a lot so thank you.

Yes I did. Thank you for being so respectful and nice. With my experience with these forums that doesn’t happen a lot so thank you.
This is a really nice forum. And we also have some very knowledgeable folks here ;)

I have a Revo 3.3 with the optidrive. It has been acting funny off and on for a month or two. The throttle keeps sticking wide open and I can’t brake to slow down. I can steer. The shifting servo also acts weird. It shifts but I need to push it to get it to shift. I replaced the stock shifting servo and got an all metal one. Can anyone help me with this? I need to keep the optidrive system so please don’t tell me to take it out.
Had the same problem, but I never managed to get to the bottom of it and in the meantime I sold the Revo.
I believe it was the optidrive.
Why dont you just bypass it and give it a test run?

Had the same problem, but I never managed to get to the bottom of it and in the meantime I sold the Revo.
I believe it was the optidrive.
Why dont you just bypass it and give it a test run?
I just did that. It is the optidrive system. I put the throttle out wire from the optidrive on the throttle port on the receiver and it worked just fine. The shifting servo is still acting funny even on the receiver. I did notice that you can still have reverse without the optidrive system you just don’t have the safety stuff to stop switching gears while your moving. Thank you.