Injora Rock Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1tenthcrawler

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
  2. Scale Builder
This will be my first post on here 😎.
Let me first share the rigs I have currently and then I'll continue with the Injora Rock Buggy build.
  • 1/5 HPI 5b - gave up on this as I lost touch with gas powered RC's.
  • 1/10 SCX10 i
  • 1/10 Absima Sherpa (rebelcon in US, Yi-Kong 4102 in China)
  • 1/10 Injora Rock Buggy (Gmade clone)
  • 1/12 WLtoys 12428
Jfyi, I reside in Germany up in the North.
Current terrain - Tree roots, mud, small pond crossings, rocks at the beach.

More now on the Injora -
I picked this one from Amazon as a budget build as I wanted to get back in the crawler hobby again.
This looks 90% like the Gmade.
Chassis is from SCX10 ii.
Axles are scx10 ii but obviously internals are so called Injora (mehh)
Got it without the stock 1.9 Tires.
From factory it came with a 540 motor, still curious on what Turn motor it was.
Flimsy servo mount.
No servo.
No TX /RX.
Stock SCX10 gearbox.
Metal front and rear drive shafts.

Upgrades -
Hobbywing 1080 ESC
Injora 550 35T
Dumborc 6ch transmitter and receiver.
2.2 Beadlocks which came with 1.9 Pitbull xl clones (tires are still super poop but I threw them on the sherpa as it's close to 5.5kgs and the tires work better on a chunky rig.
1.9 BF Goodrich Krawler T/A with 2.2 Foams (cut them star shaped to have it softer).
20kg JX servo with metal horn.
100mm dual spring King shocks.
93mm LED roof bar.
3D printed front LED bracket.
8 Leds (4 white, 4 red)
3rd Channel led controller.
For the drive shafts, I added heatshrink wrap to avoid the grub screw from slipping and having a mangled shaft.

Performance -
Keeping in mind that this was a budget build crawler, I'm pretty impressed with how it performed compared to the scx10 I. Tires made a huge massive difference in the way it performed while climbing.
Stock links performed well with the shocks fully compressed, COG is good but not that great as I'm still tinkering around with he width of the crawler for now. Hex adapter on stock Axles worked well but made the axles snap with the addition weight.

I've attached pics of the build from what it was to the current setup.

Issues -
The stock Axles are super weak, I've managed to snap front left and rear axles after installing the 2.2s with brass adapters.
I then ordered the scx10 ii cvd axles and turned out that they don't match the metal internal diff (axle end is rectangle and diff alot is square).
I filed it down to match and it worked perfectly fine for a few weeks. Now the main diff lock internal has balded out 🤣🤣🤣....

So, now I'm looking at a few options but don't want to go all in as I'm also building the sherpa and need to be easy on where the money goes 😂... I guess anyone who uses more than 2 rcs are in the same boat as me 😅...
Option 1 - Ali Express SCX10 ii Front straight Axle (comes with 8* Castor)
Option 2 - AE scx10 ii Portal front Axle.
Option 3 - AE AR60 Axles

I love the AR60 axles, but do I need to change the skid to match?
Will the stock links work with the AR60 axles? current Rod ends are straight and not bent.

Let me know what you guys think please as I would like to have some feedback.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210805_110659_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805_110659_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20210812_163948.jpg
    IMG_20210812_163948.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20210903_055820-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210903_055820-01.jpeg
    694.7 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20210927_112339-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210927_112339-01.jpeg
    375 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_20211006_001310-01.jpeg
    IMG_20211006_001310-01.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_20211015_170049.jpg
    IMG_20211015_170049.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20211006_103810.jpg
    IMG_20211006_103810.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 212
Welcome to the group! Amazing how quick upgrades add up on a budget rig. ;) I think you've got more experience than I do so I can't help with your questions. I would probably go with the AR60 axles, but as you said, I don't know if they will work without other changes.

Welcome to the forum. Not much experience with rock crawlers, but I agree with Wolf above... one helluva shot there in the water!

Welcome to RCTalk!

Dont know anything about that brand but it looks nice.

This picture is amazing! Beautiful shot!
View attachment 136087
Chinese clone version of the Gmade R1, mixed with a dash of Axial SCX10 😂
Welcome to the group! Amazing how quick upgrades add up on a budget rig. ;) I think you've got more experience than I do so I can't help with your questions. I would probably go with the AR60 axles, but as you said, I don't know if they will work without other changes.
Through FB some guy snapped his wraith and worked all the parts onto the same rig. Will look up more info and go along with the build and keep this thread updated.
Seems like I'm the only one running a Frankenstein crawler 😅

Looks like it would have more replacement parts than the Gmade. I had to stop using my Gmade R1 because of how hard it is to find replacement driveshafts.

Looks like it would have more replacement parts than the Gmade. I had to stop using my Gmade R1 because of how hard it is to find replacement driveshafts.
Actually The outer body /cage is a clone of the Gmade R1. Chassis, gear box, drive shafts and housings are all scx10 ii copy.
This one comes with 3 buying options -
-Body and cage
-Body, cage, drive shafts, axles and a 540 motor.
-All of the above and crappy 1.9 Tires glued on plastic rims.

I think it's available on Amazon under either austar 313 rock buggy or Injora 313 rock buggy.

If I had a choice now for a do-over, I would have gone with the first option and built up with Some strong upgraded parts.
Anyways, will be going with front scx10 ii portals for now and will update once the parts comes through.

Atleast this threads available for those eager to go for the same one or are looking for the same trouble shooting ideas 😉

I but a R1 with AR60 axles about a year ago. It is really hard to get the driveshaft correct as the AR60 has offset diffs and the chassis is very narrow to the point where the diff is almost parallel to the outside of the chassis.

Very fun to drive once I got it working. Super capable as well.
20201101_102932.jpg
20201116_125118.jpg
20201116_125053.jpg
20201116_125029.jpg
20201101_101323.jpg
20201101_101821.jpg

I but a R1 with AR60 axles about a year ago. It is really hard to get the driveshaft correct as the AR60 has offset diffs and the chassis is very narrow to the point where the diff is almost parallel to the outside of the chassis.

Very fun to drive once I got it working. Super capable as well.
View attachment 136298View attachment 136299View attachment 136300View attachment 136301View attachment 136302View attachment 136303
Your ride looks pretty wicked. I prefer caged rigs over bodies because of the no scrapping or rubbing issues 😂.
I was close to ordering ar60s but did see few guys having the almost binding issues with the shafts... Dint won't another drama so stuck with the scx10 ii Portal Axle replacement.
Glad that you've worked a fix on that. Your rig looks 👌. Noticed the frame support on the shock towers which is cool. Definitely need this for mine as I know with a few more tumbles them towers gonna snap..

This will be my first post on here 😎.
Let me first share the rigs I have currently and then I'll continue with the Injora Rock Buggy build.
  • 1/5 HPI 5b - gave up on this as I lost touch with gas powered RC's.
  • 1/10 SCX10 i
  • 1/10 Absima Sherpa (rebelcon in US, Yi-Kong 4102 in China)
  • 1/10 Injora Rock Buggy (Gmade clone)
  • 1/12 WLtoys 12428
Jfyi, I reside in Germany up in the North.
Current terrain - Tree roots, mud, small pond crossings, rocks at the beach.

More now on the Injora -
I picked this one from Amazon as a budget build as I wanted to get back in the crawler hobby again.
This looks 90% like the Gmade.
Chassis is from SCX10 ii.
Axles are scx10 ii but obviously internals are so called Injora (mehh)
Got it without the stock 1.9 Tires.
From factory it came with a 540 motor, still curious on what Turn motor it was.
Flimsy servo mount.
No servo.
No TX /RX.
Stock SCX10 gearbox.
Metal front and rear drive shafts.

Upgrades -
Hobbywing 1080 ESC
Injora 550 35T
Dumborc 6ch transmitter and receiver.
2.2 Beadlocks which came with 1.9 Pitbull xl clones (tires are still super poop but I threw them on the sherpa as it's close to 5.5kgs and the tires work better on a chunky rig.
1.9 BF Goodrich Krawler T/A with 2.2 Foams (cut them star shaped to have it softer).
20kg JX servo with metal horn.
100mm dual spring King shocks.
93mm LED roof bar.
3D printed front LED bracket.
8 Leds (4 white, 4 red)
3rd Channel led controller.
For the drive shafts, I added heatshrink wrap to avoid the grub screw from slipping and having a mangled shaft.

Performance -
Keeping in mind that this was a budget build crawler, I'm pretty impressed with how it performed compared to the scx10 I. Tires made a huge massive difference in the way it performed while climbing.
Stock links performed well with the shocks fully compressed, COG is good but not that great as I'm still tinkering around with he width of the crawler for now. Hex adapter on stock Axles worked well but made the axles snap with the addition weight.

I've attached pics of the build from what it was to the current setup.

Issues -
The stock Axles are super weak, I've managed to snap front left and rear axles after installing the 2.2s with brass adapters.
I then ordered the scx10 ii cvd axles and turned out that they don't match the metal internal diff (axle end is rectangle and diff alot is square).
I filed it down to match and it worked perfectly fine for a few weeks. Now the main diff lock internal has balded out 🤣🤣🤣....

So, now I'm looking at a few options but don't want to go all in as I'm also building the sherpa and need to be easy on where the money goes 😂... I guess anyone who uses more than 2 rcs are in the same boat as me 😅...
Option 1 - Ali Express SCX10 ii Front straight Axle (comes with 8* Castor)
Option 2 - AE scx10 ii Portal front Axle.
Option 3 - AE AR60 Axles

I love the AR60 axles, but do I need to change the skid to match?
Will the stock links work with the AR60 axles? current Rod ends are straight and not bent.

Let me know what you guys think please as I would like to have some feedback.
I'm new into the rc world and have a wraith with ar60s. I'm trying to find portals to mount to them is that a thing? Thanks in advance!

I'm new into the rc world and have a wraith with ar60s. I'm trying to find portals to mount to them is that a thing? Thanks in advance!
Yes. I believe that thise do exist.