Indoor 1/24 Rock Crawler Course

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were you married to her too? 😝Yeah, that is basically how that went down.
🤣
Oh man. Better get a masusse lined up. For when you decide to tackle that project.bud
I think all wifes are like that. Mine did the same. To my track and air hockey table. Turned them into catch all and laundry folding tables 🤣🤣🤣
The wife said, no!
41U92+BD6iL.jpg

Gonna have to say no to that masseuse. Ill take mine without cross-dressing feminization thank you... 🤣 🤣 🤣
Lol I totally missed that part!
I just Googled Nikki Crescent, and she is actually an author and that pic is one of her books. Pretty sure that "masseuse" on the cover is ♀️ ........I think 🤔
Lol

I just Googled Nikki Crescent, and she is actually an author and that pic is one of her books. Pretty sure that "masseuse" on the cover is ♀️ ........I think 🤔
Lol
Yeah I wasn't got to comment on that or touch it. For that matter 🤣🤣🤣🤣

One year, I've scored a bunch of every green trees during a post Xmas clearance. Got them for next to nothing!

Sorry, that should be 1/32. I had 1/24 on the brain because of this thread.

Getting that track back into shape will require a poop load of elbow grease! There are 4 lanes, and all the lanes are painted with spray paint, so the arduous cleaning process will severely ruin the paint....and make a huge mess! This process will also require me to be in that bent over position, so I know it's just going to kill my back and shoulders. This is why I've just procrastinated on this task for years.....just not looking forward to it.

I'm betting that the Mrs. "accidentally" placed that box with the rubbish pile 😉

What scale?
Honestly I don't even remember what brand. I have them when I came back from Alaska and that was in the early 90s.

The new table dimensions were sent to the woodshop and he is starting on them Monday. Should be here within a week or so I am hoping. They will each be 32" x 56" instead of the original 2' x 4'. I will be screwing them together into an "L" shape to put in the corner of my RC room.

I just Googled Nikki Crescent, and she is actually an author and that pic is one of her books. Pretty sure that "masseuse" on the cover is ♀️ ........I PRAY 🤔
Lol
I fixed it for you LOL!!!

There, I revised it from your revision 😸

Either way, she's way out of my league 😆

Someone mentioned a water obstacle. Typically this is frowned upon in dioramas because of mold and other problems, but I think I can work around it. So here is a corrugated pipe for a culvert I will be putting at the top of the course.
20210803_000900.jpg

20210803_052831.jpg

I was thinking I could do a small stream with a pump at the bottom of the layout, and the water flowing out of this culvert. Then create a stream bed using styrene covered by some tan Plastidip to waterproof everything. If it gets to be a problem I will just remove the water and do a static stream with Mod Podge.

Tables are under construction, and time estimate is end of week, which is when the foam and other supplies arrive. Sounds like a fun project for my son and I this weekend.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned a water obstacle. Typically this is frowned upon in dioramas because of mold and other problems, but I think I can work around it. So here is a corrugated pipe for a culvert I will be putting at the top of the course.
View attachment 130442
View attachment 130444

I was thinking I could do a small stream with a pump at the bottom of the layout, and the water flowing out of this culvert. Then create a stream bed using styrene covered by some tan Plastidip to waterproof everything. If it gets to be a problem I will just remove the water and do a static stream with Mod Podge.

Tables are under construction, and time estimate is end of week, which is when the foam and other supplies arrive. Sounds like a fun project for my son and I this weekend.
I am envious, this is a project I would love to work on right now, but I need to wait for cooler temps. It's still 105F outside. I wish my garage was climate controlled. Thanks for letting me enjoy your build! :)

I am envious, this is a project I would love to work on right now, but I need to wait for cooler temps. It's still 105F outside. I wish my garage was climate controlled. Thanks for letting me enjoy your build! :)
I am dying to get started on it as well. I was wanting to start cutting foam a week ago, but I decided to wait til the tables arrived. So I am just sitting here thinking up idears.

View attachment 130442
View attachment 130444

Dude thays awesome. I was thinks a plastic container. But your going all out with the stream. That's fantastic some good thinking 🤔 going on over there. Oh I would be going crazy waitingCan't wait to see your finish course. It's going to good 😲😲
Man give you guys credit out there. 105°. Lord have mercy.🥵🥵 Temp controlled garage would be nice👍👍😍

Dude thays awesome. I was thinks a plastic container. But your going all out with the stream. That's fantastic some good thinking 🤔 going on over there. Oh I would be going crazy waitingCan't wait to see your finish course. It's going to good 😲😲

Man give you guys credit out there. 105°. Lord have mercy.🥵🥵 Temp controlled garage would be nice👍👍😍
Yeah, I kinda am going nuts. But I am in the process of rearranging my hobby room to fit the tables in there, so I have plenty to do before I get the tables and foam.

Here are the tables being made. Each is 56" x 32". The shelf unit under the left table will not be included yet. It is a future purchase (and I just designed it). It will hold five 24th scale rigs and controllers. You can see a crude little SCX24 C10 on the table shown for scale. It is not a lot of room to play with, but should be good enough.
Tables Iso.png

Here are the tables being made. Each is 56" x 32". The shelf unit under the left table will not be included yet. It is a future purchase (and I just designed it). It will hold five 24th scale rigs and controllers. You can see a crude little SCX24 C10 on the table shown for scale. It is not a lot of room to play with, but should be good enough.
View attachment 130484
That's awesome. I'm sure you will utilize every square inch. That's is able to be used in some way. Idea 💡 since it's in corner you could go up the wall. In some way with shelf like attachments. To expand the course. Or down and under And back up again? Just thinking 🤔😕

That's awesome. I'm sure you will utilize every square inch. That's is able to be used in some way. Idea 💡 since it's in corner you could go up the wall. In some way with shelf like attachments. To expand the course. Or down and under And back up again? Just thinking 🤔😕
Yeah, there will be shelves eventually. And this will be modular, so I could always move it into another room and expand it.

I had a basement when I lived in KS and in NE - didn't realize how nice they were; never not had a basement til I move to OK/tornado alley. Man - i'd like to have a big-o-space for all the good stuff.

Back