In The Market For A New Charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RazzyRazz

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Now that work has slowed down I can get back on my RC thing. I have run a Dynamite Precept for years now and has always worked great. Now with my 4 boys plus me into RC’n the old charger gets backed up lol.

I am looking at the Dynamite Passport P4 and the SkyRC Q200. Both are quad chargers as I'm sure you may know but are they the same? From what I am seeing the Dynamite is very hard to source and seems to be $20-30 more. Just looking for any insite on this to make a decision. 🍻

Please explain if you don’t mind?
Look at the wattage of those two chargers. And the DC voltage input will likely be your limiting factor. They will likely do what you need them to do, but for that money, those are weak @$% chargers.

The Hota has a very fast balancing circuit, meaning once a cell reaches the desired charge, the charger goes into balance mode. The Hota has a 1600mAh balance circuit, where most other chargers are nearly half that. When charging big packs, this will speed things up.

The Hota also has a lot of other cool features. Like external discharge. You don't have to waste the excess energy in a battery when storage charging it. You can drain the excess go juice back into another pack.

The Hota also has a built in power supply. Say you want to power a servo testor, check a set of LED's, or anything else that takes 5v-36v. You can power it with the Hota.

Not to mention you can charge a phone, either wired or wireless, read IR's, etc. And to top it off... when you see it you will know it is just a very well made charger. The housing alone just makes it feel like a very high quality piece. It's simply the best charger for the money. I managed to bring Greywolf around to the superiority of the Hota. And that is no small feat 😉

Last edited:
Look at the wattage of those two chargers. And the DC voltage input will likely be your limiting factor. They will likely do what you need them to do, but for that money, those are weak @$% chargers.

The Hota has a very fast balancing circuit, meaning once a cell reaches the desired charge, the charger goes into balance mode. The Hots has a 1600mAh balance circuit, where most other chargers are nearly half that. When charging big packs, this will speed things up.

The Hota also has a lot of other cool features. Like external discharge. You don't have to waste the excess energy in a battery when storage charging it. You can drain the excess go juice back into another pack.

The Hota also has a built in power supply. Say you want to power a servo testor, check a set of LED's, or anything else that takes 5v-36v. You can power it with the Hota.

Not to mention you can charge a phone, either wired or wireless, read IR's, etc. And to top it off... when you see it you will know it is just a very well made charger. The housing alone just makes it feel like a very high quality piece. It's simply the best charger for the money. I managed to bring Greywolf around to the superiority of the Hota. And that is no small feat 😉
Awesome thanks for the info! I have zero knowledge on chargers so this really helps. Now to try and find one in Canada. 🍻🍻

Oh, another Canadian. We just went through this in another thread. He ended up buying from Canadian Amazon if I remember right. You can get it from racedayquads.com for $119 USD, but not sure how customs are in Canada.

Oh, another Canadian. We just went through this in another thread. He ended up buying from Canadian Amazon if I remember right. You can get it from racedayquads.com for $119 USD, but not sure how customs are in Canada.
Lol yup another one. Man do we ever get boned up here for RC stuff. Found one on Amazon Ca for $130 but its a month away oh well. Every where else was $170-250cdn…. Ill give it a try and the kids can use my old chargers if need be.

Lol yup another one. Man do we ever get boned up here for RC stuff. Found one on Amazon Ca for $130 but its a month away oh well. Every where else was $170-250cdn…. Ill give it a try and the kids can use my old chargers if need be.
That's not a bad price at all. Make sure you get some XT60's to make up some charge leads.
20221014_082908.jpg

The Aussies get boned down under too

I ended up cancelling my order on Amazon cause I noticed it was only DC. Found one in a drone store back east for $200cdn….. be here next week now.

Just got one off Mercari for $60 bones!
Can't beat that with a stick.
I hope thats a legit purchase. I've read some really bad things about that website.

I ended up cancelling my order on Amazon cause I noticed it was only DC. Found one in a drone store back east for $200cdn….. be here next week now.
The HOTA D6? Its AC and DC

I hope thats a legit purchase. I've read some really bad things about that website.

The Hota D6 is AC only. The D6 Pro is AC/DC. The Hota D6 Pro is the exact same charger as the Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro.

Last edited:

yes the Hota D6, from what I was looking at it was either DC only or AC/DC and that almost doubled the price lol. The top one is the cancelled order and the bottom one is what i went with so must be the Pro model with AC/DC.
C6F00A6F-CBFF-4252-9418-96805565B662.png
2BBCE87B-1056-4C0D-B46A-F3DFE3F681B1.jpeg

Hota pro is $100, free ship on aliexpress. Of course it won't arrive until next year and could be a fake

Back