I'm going in Monday for my Back surgery, man am I nervous!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Its all set up I'm meeting with the surgant Friday for the preop. Then Monday is the day. They are replacing a disk in my lower back. It amazing what they can do today with technology. I'm going to actually have a prosthetic disk!!! They will cut me open from the front move my guts over and go from there. :puke: The amazing part is if I have it done in the morning I will actully be going home that day! I'm kind of freaking out as you could imagine. But it will be worth it if it works and they have so far had a really good turn out with this process. I got the injury 2 yrs ago when the family and I where out on a nice sunday drive seriously, and traffic came to a halt. The guy behind me was snoozing I guess and slammed in to the rear of our car doing around 55 to 60 mph. Pushing us into a full size Ford Bronco. I had my arm damn near ripped off and had to have surgery on my rotory cup. Messed up a disk in my neck and just about destroyed the one in my back. My wife's Teeth where almost all shattered from the impact and her teeth slamming together. She also had back injurys and wiplash.And injurys to her jaw. We also had our two sons and my youngest daughter who at the time was one month old. Luckly they all where completly fine.Except for some bad post traumatic stress disorder. My youngest son would cry everytime he had to ride in a car and had night terrors for almost a year. Poor little guy would wake up terrified about dreaming of a car crash. But considering what happend we where really lucky. I was a carpet installer and havent worked since then. I will be getting help from the insurance company to go to school to learn a new trade since there is no way I will ever be able to do carpet again. So hopefully this will be my last surgery and I can get my life back on track and be able to enjoy playing with my kids like I used to. One thing I have got to say is wear your seatbelts and make sure your kids are secured very well. Not two minutes before the accident happend my youngest son who was 4 then had taken his seat belt off. I yelled at him to sit down and get his belt on and make sure it was tight, two minutes later we where flying through the air and smashing into a Bronco. I'm sure if I had not seen him unbuckled he would have been killed in the accident. Keep that in mind next time your little ones get in the car to go somewhere with you. WIsh me luck with my surgery and I probally wont be on much for a couple weeks after so hope you all the best.

Later :)
Jesse

P.S sorry for the short story lol :)

Good luck Jess.
I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thanks guys, and kwong I already have those lol, but I'm sure I need will need something stronger after this.

Hey jesse good luck man,you'll be in our prayers.

someone send him a laptop to borrow so he can post whore while hes layed up..

have a speedy recovery...i heard if you picture your doc naked it helps relive the pain....

yea if its a she and shes hot.. lol stock up on ice packs!!! your gonna need um!! maby your wifey will grab you a mini t or rc18t so you can terrorize the kids and pets while your layed up!!

good luck jesse, hope everything goes well for you.

i want pics! lmao
hope your not out of comision(sp) too long!

Jesse, you'll be fine. Just think of the things you'll be able to do again once you're all healed.

BTW, we want video! :jk:

Hey Jesse good luck with the surgery :doc: man hope all goes well for you!

Good luck for sure. Hop to see you back soon. No pun intended.

Good luck bro! Id call the dr. and make him give ya a Xanax, so ya can relax a little bit. I had a hernia a few years back... I know, I'm 25.. Kinda sad huh?.. and anyway, I was wayyy freakin out, and they gave me a Xanax and i was all good. it wasn't the loopy spacey good, it just REALLY calmed me.. Anyway, Good luck man, and have a smooth recovery!

I have some xanax, want some? It'll only cost you one small white christian girl.

Jesse! Good luck man, i hope ya pull through so you can go on with life soon! You have rcs that are beggin to be driven!!!!

good luck Jesse......now you'll have all th etime in the world to think about what trade you want to learn....maybe IT guy????....then you can get paid to post whore...
:jk:

Good luck Jesse.. I hope it goes good, and you recover fast.
-Alec