i wanna helicopter.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySavage25

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
can you give me any suggestions on a good helicopter at a resonable price

Last edited:
ummmmm i was planning on gettin a suggestion and if its a good helicopter then save up to however much it is.

i was thinkin maybe 200 and down

Wont find anything new at that price.
There are a few that have just come on the marker around 250.00 RTR that seem like they may be worth a shot. Check Tower for pricing

i think ultimate hobbies have one for about 218.00 its called blade cp or something like that. check the website to get the phone number and give them a call.

i would highly recomend geting great plains flight simulator before you try to fly one
i bought a electric heli & found out quickly how valuable learning on a sim first is

the blade cp is your best bet for a beginner and at only $219.00 thats a great deal for a rtf helicopter, install 8 AA batteries in the controller charge the battery pack for 2 hours and away you go, if you can get it to hover your well on your way to happiness.

thanks for the suggestions guys, ill look in to all these.

gus

remember to fly those little electric buggers indoors...they don't like any wind from what I've seen

I've got a Picco Eco mini that I'm borrowing from a friend while trying to figure out if I'm going to buy it or not. It's not a bad unit, IMO, but wish I would have been the one to set it up first. I can say this, if you go with a mini electric fly indoors on hard floor, not carpet. Outside on grass isn't the best idea either. I'm lucky, work in a hangar so I have all kinds of room. I do recall seeing a couple different heli's on eBay cheap that were NIB and they even came with a sim. Sorry I don't remember the seller though, if I find it again I will post for ya.

Here's the guys eBay store of one that I was looking at. I never dealt with him so I can't say anything on that end. Nor did I purchase the heli he is selling. Just thought it might be a place to start for ya.
http://stores.ebay.com/rc-dragonfly-hobby_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm

Last edited:
I have the Sabre from EF (Global Hobbies). So far I can hover and rotate left/right. I need a larger area to practice in. I might hit up the parking structure at work on a Sunday one day. Basement level has no air moving.

I saw a Blade in action today at Hobby Town.
For the price it doesn't look to bad. A Novice got it to hover on his first battery pack. It was a bit loose as compared to my Show Gun but for 220.00 what can you say.

Back