I think I just found my Christmas present!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
81HhvSAcRPL._SL1500_.jpg

I have a feeling my little guy and I would have a blast with these. They drive themselves and you can control other actions using your phone or tablet. I think I might just have to add these under the tree. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Anki-000-00031-OVERDRIVE-Starter-Kit/dp/B00V6951I0/

I'm not required to have a little guy in order to buy that, am I?

I had slot cars when I was a kid, and when I was too old to have my own I would buy them for my nephews.

When I was very young my Dad got "me" a set of slot cars. Funny how I never got to play with them....

It's like a modern Scalextric, nice. Might have to buy one of these for my "son"...

I don't know of too many brushless slot cars, lol.

I was thinking of the carbon brushes and the tiny springs that hold them in contact with the rotor... The others were talking about the copper contact brushes.

I had the cheap tyco or whatever ones. The contact pads to the track were just thin pieces of copper. We'd try putting blobs of solder on them when grooves wore into them, but it was short lived. I was a kid... my dad had silver solder, it was harder and would last a while longer.

Those braided brushes would fray and sweep dust. You'd try to clean them and your finger tip would get poked by a wire.
My first set was Aurora, as I recall. Didn't have a real motor but instead had a "Make or break" magnetic plate that would ratchet a large hub between the rear wheels. Also had the flat copper contacts.
I was really impressed when they came out with motors.

I was thinking of the carbon brushes and the tiny springs that hold them in contact with the rotor... The others were talking about the copper contact brushes.
Those braided brushes would fray and sweep dust. You'd try to clean them and your finger tip would get poked by a wire.
My first set was Aurora, as I recall. Didn't have a real motor but instead had a "Make or break" magnetic plate that would ratchet a large hub between the rear wheels. Also had the flat copper contacts.
I was really impressed when they came out with motors.
Yep, this is the problem I was talking about. I used to use superglue/nail varnish on the sides and top to stop them fraying, but if you went on onto the bottom they didn't make contact. Worked well when done properly (Given a few coats)

I watched a YouTube video, too bad the cars don't look like F-1 cars.

I still Have an SCX digital slot car track. 4 cars on two lanes all independently controlled, with lane change sections of track. They even have brakes. I want to eventually make a replica version of Sebring Raceway

Back