i need shock help!! got a few questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spanko123

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey i dont no too much about shocks, like what kinda differnt oils and visscosities to use. and like you can change change witch hole to mount em to what all that do, and springs and settings for different terrain, anybody help me?? i ride a rc10 gt and my shock oils leackin what kinda? i like to do a lil jumpimg and i want good handling, wanna be able to ride over a lot a lot of bumps ok thanks

lmao lol dude, that was great, I'm sorry i can't spell on paper on on the dam computer, but noe really anybody!! help me ok later if not i wll have to get :spidey: after you

Well I suggest you buy a new a new set of shocks, to relly learn how to build them. If you are doing some jumping (mild). I would go with a medium viscosity like 40-60. But if you have alot of aluminum parts on your truck, and its heavy I would go with a higher viscosity. If you are going to rebuild your own shocks, make sure to get new o-rings, and make sure to put them back together just the way that the instructions state. I have a set of progressive suspension shocks, with the piggyback reservoir. They leaked so bad at first. When I got the new RC Raven and Shocksocks I rebuilt them again, which was about a month or so later. Anyway when we talk about springs, I like the dual rate springs. At slow speeds they are stiff, and then at a higher speed they really soak up the bumps. It's up to you on which brand you decide. Do your homework, and ask your friends. If all else fails, post another thread on which ones to buy for your RC.
Just my .02

Woody

Back