I need a reputation check on..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The former..maybe a touch of the latter too..hehe :p

No problems from me joey, all good this end and i agree with what you say, TRUST it is a rarity to find in modern times (damn i feel old saying that and i'm only 29).

I am just sitting wondering when it was that i came to hold such wisdom as is evident from reading my last post again.

BTW, if i sent you my prize rig, would you pay the return shipping ? :hehe: i trust ya man, honest i do ! lol :hehe:

I believe the old phrase .."Oh, I trust everyone, its the devil inside of them I don't trust" is fitting.

Hmmm...ya know Thunder that return shipping thing would be a bit of a sting I bet....lol. Oh well it was a thought.

Wait...he's from Nigeria?

You know joey, i made an agreement with revo_rob_1984 privately to send him some spares over. Took the parcel to the post office to send it, they wanted £57 GBP to send it !! it was only 3.5KG in weight !!! so i had to bring it home and split it into two smaller parcels.

If that costs that much to send, my buggy with sufficient packing would cost me around £65 as it would weigh 4 to 4.25 KG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return postage might be a sting ?? indeed it would be !!

Yeah Taz I was referring to you because your time it had to be 3AM or so. For me it was about 6PM though. I think everyone is friends again right?

Right on, that's cool...so where are you at ?:shrug: Yeah, sure if you say so.....we are.;):D

Reading through this thread, it should be clear that lessons can be learned from its content.

Going public on a forum to ask for a reputation check is not necessarily the best thing to do. It can not only alienate the person your are intending to purchase from, it can damage your own reputation and put others on guard towards making any transactions with you as the originator of the "Reputation Check" post.

If a person is KNOWN to have a bad rep regarding financial or, goods for goods transactions, that should be enough to tell you what you need to know.

Just because a member has no feedback either as a seller or buyer, does not automatically mean you need to "do a reputation check" on them. A person can be a member for a period of years before they ever make a transaction, either as a buyer or seller. That member sould not be punished for that because they have no trader feedback.

A lot of things are based on trust. Around this forum, i have noticed that intuition also plays its part in making a decision on whether to trust a fellow member to either buy "goods" or sell "goods", as does having had prior "contact" with a member either personally, through private dealings, or through this forum.

I am not sure that i could really say much more on this matter without causing either myself or other members any problems.

I think it may well be time for this thread to be closed and if nobody has an objection to that, could the MODS/STAFF close this thread ???

:goodpost: My sediments exactly.....Thanks Thunder_Tiger_EB4_S2_Pro !;):D

Damn taz, you got a smilie fetish or somthing? Damn u use a lot of em........

I am on Okinawa a small island 500 miles south of mainland Japan. I would say about half way between Japan and Taiwan.

I had a name of an online hobby shop for you to use, but I can't seem to remember the name of it......I'll try to think of it for ya.:D

Damn taz, you got a smilie fetish or somthing? Damn u use a lot of em........

Yeah, I guess so.....I like 'em, what can I say !:D It's just like having an R/C fetish I guess !:hehe:

I had a name of an online hobby shop for you to use, but I can't seem to remember the name of it......I'll try to think of it for ya.
I have a couple local places I go and I am a big fan of Tower Hobbies for big stuff. Thanks for Tower Super Savers club....lol

I have a couple local places I go and I am a big fan of Tower Hobbies for big stuff. Thanks for Tower Super Savers club....lol

If your a 'big fan' of Tower hobbies, then you should definately check out RCSlOT(Keith) because they are about the cheapest place around online to order from and there shipping is pretty good too.....that's where I order from ! Also, check out there Hobbyzip videos !:thumbup:
http://www.rcslot.com/
http://www.hobbyzip.com/