I need a reputation check on..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShotCobra

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
taz1175

he may be selling me a new engine, but since he has no trade feeback I want to ask if anyone can vouch for his honesty, if not i will just buy my engine elsewhere

tx

There is a certain 'risk-factor' when buying from any individual on-line. Most of us on here don't know each other personally (there are a few guys who are local to each other). But as a whole, I think this site has good, decent members and I've made several purchases here with no problems. Use Paypal if possible, that gives you a chance to dispute the transaction if needed. This site has guidelines that hopefully protect us (as much as it can) from 'shady' people.

I would have no issues with buying from Taz1175, we all had to sell our first item at some point in time.

I know what the risks are when it comes to buying from someone online with unsecure methods, I'm not like the simple minded morons they show on the evening news that get conned out of money because they are to dense to see what's really going on.

Cobra, ease up a bit, i'm sure Taz is a good guy, but just remember to try the methods listed in here (within RCNT i mean, not within this post).

In short, try to get a telephone no. and call him when he is not expecting it, get his address and sent him a RECORDED/REGISTERED letter detailing your intent of purchasing goods. If either of these fail, you know to beware.

Hell, my first deal on here (with no feedback i might add) was with frickenjoey, i didnt know the guy from adam, he didnt know me, except from this site, yet we had a good, stress free and fast transaction.

In other words, be careful, but do not be tooooo hard on a person with no feedback, as has been said, we all have to start somewhere.

Last edited:
see it could go both ways here pal...you have no trader feedback also, he could very well be thinking oh great anoher person that wont follow thru with a purchase...see? dont stress on it too much.

well put stevecz28, i forgot about that aspect of it !!

There is a certain 'risk-factor' when buying from any individual on-line. Most of us on here don't know each other personally (there are a few guys who are local to each other). But as a whole, I think this site has good, decent members and I've made several purchases here with no problems. Use Paypal if possible, that gives you a chance to dispute the transaction if needed. This site has guidelines that hopefully protect us (as much as it can) from 'shady' people.

I would have no issues with buying from Taz1175, we all had to sell our first item at some point in time.

THANK YOU Mr. Clean, I am NOT a 'SHADY' person !:D

taz1175

he may be selling me a new engine, but since he has no trade feeback I want to ask if anyone can vouch for his honesty, if not i will just buy my engine elsewhere

tx

This was supposed to be between us(you and I, Me and you) and I sent you a PM and told you to PM Durwank, that we had traded stuff.;):D - THANKS !;)
- Eric
p.s. - I didn't make a post about you and trusting you to buy it from me.;):p:

I know what the risks are when it comes to buying from someone online with unsecure methods, I'm not like the simple minded morons they show on the evening news that get conned out of money because they are to dense to see what's really going on.

I was NOT going to CON you out of any money......THANKS, that's not the type of guy I am.....I wouldn't want it done to me !;):D

Cobra, ease up a bit, i'm sure Taz is a good guy, but just remember to try the methods listed in here (within RCNT i mean, not within this post).

In short, try to get a telephone no. and call him when he is not expecting it, get his address and sent him a RECORDED/REGISTERED letter detailing your intent of purchasing goods. If either of these fail, you know to beware.

Hell, my first deal on here (with no feedback i might add) was with frickenjoey, i didnt know the guy from adam, he didnt know me, except from this site, yet we had a good, stress free and fast transaction.

In other words, be careful, but do not be tooooo hard on a person with no feedback, as has been said, we all have to start somewhere.

YES I AM, thank you very much Thunde_Tiger_EB4_S2_Pro !:thumbup:

see it could go both ways here pal...you have no trader feedback also, he could very well be thinking oh great anoher person that wont follow thru with a purchase...see? Dont stress on it too much.

EXACTLY, which now very well seems to be the point !:D
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71468

BTW, ask him what the deal was.....it was a 'SMOKIN' one if I might add ! Stiil up for grabs if you want Shotcobra, let me know and I will PM you my phone #.

Last edited:
taz1175

tx

I can't even believe you did this and now your not even gonna buy it from me !:angry: It's not like I did a "reputation check" on you when you were gonna buy it from me !:p: It would have been just like buying it from an online hobby shop or ebay !:D THANKS ANWAY! ;) BTW, it was a brand new Dynamite 427 complete w/aluminum clutch and clutch bell & extra silver(teal) head for $200(I paid for s/h) if anybody else is interested or know anybody that is......Thanks, Eric.:thumbup:
P.S. - I have many extra LST2 parts.:D & Also, thanks to everybody else that said that would 'buy' from me......I really appreciate it !;)

Last edited:
That is rather funny Taz. Normally if you find the need to do a rep check... well 1 you do it behind the scenes, and 2 you actually buy the item unless you uncover bad news. Oh well. I'm sure that will sell for you anyway. We all had 0 feedback at some point....this is what they make telephones for boys.

Looks like Taz is a good sport and we got a reputation check on someone after all. I know who I wouldn't deal with out of these two. Thanks for the info ShotRepCobra.

THANKS GUYS:first_place:....MotoGod, Metalhead Matt, jnjritz:first_place:.....I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE SUPPORT !;):D

That is rather funny Taz. Normally if you find the need to do a rep check... well 1 you do it behind the scenes, and 2 you actually buy the item unless you uncover bad news. Oh well. I'm sure that will sell for you anyway. We all had 0 feedback at some point....this is what they make telephones for boys.

EXACTLY MY POINT !;) I 'WAS' GONNA HAVE HIM CALL ME, I EVEN SAID THAT IN MY POST I WOULD PM HIM MY PHONE # !:D THAT'S HOW ME AND DURWANK DID IT WHEN WE TRADED STUFF A WHILE BACK, NOW WE'RE REALLY GOOD FRIENDS, GO FIGURE !:hehe:

Looks like Taz is a good sport and we got a reputation check on someone after all. I know who I wouldn't deal with out of these two. Thanks for the info ShotRepCobra.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY !:hehe:

Agreed with 100%

THANKS AGAIN !;) I TRIED TO MAKE A 'SKOMIN' DEAL WITH HIM, GUESS HE'S THE ONE THAT'S GONNA MISS OUT !:p:

Last edited:
Damn son are you up early.... or still up? Well I seem to miss most of those smoking deals but occasionally a few roll my way. Sorry you were getting wooped on. But hey it happens to all of us.

Damn son are you up early.... or still up? Well I seem to miss most of those smoking deals but occasionally a few roll my way. Sorry you were getting wooped on. But hey it happens to all of us.

What ?:\ Who was this meant for ?:shrug: If it was me, then yes I was/am still up.:D I can offer you that same 'smokin' deal if your interested and if stariondriver doesn't take it.;) & I wasn't the one "getting wooped on", I was the one getting 'blanked' over.....and yes it does happen to all/the best of us.:hehe:

Yeah Taz I was referring to you because your time it had to be 3AM or so. For me it was about 6PM though. I think everyone is friends again right?

Reading through this thread, it should be clear that lessons can be learned from its content.

Going public on a forum to ask for a reputation check is not necessarily the best thing to do. It can not only alienate the person your are intending to purchase from, it can damage your own reputation and put others on guard towards making any transactions with you as the originator of the "Reputation Check" post.

If a person is KNOWN to have a bad rep regarding financial or, goods for goods transactions, that should be enough to tell you what you need to know.

Just because a member has no feedback either as a seller or buyer, does not automatically mean you need to "do a reputation check" on them. A person can be a member for a period of years before they ever make a transaction, either as a buyer or seller. That member sould not be punished for that because they have no trader feedback.

A lot of things are based on trust. Around this forum, i have noticed that intuition also plays its part in making a decision on whether to trust a fellow member to either buy "goods" or sell "goods", as does having had prior "contact" with a member either personally, through private dealings, or through this forum.

I am not sure that i could really say much more on this matter without causing either myself or other members any problems.

I think it may well be time for this thread to be closed and if nobody has an objection to that, could the MODS/STAFF close this thread ???

Last edited:
There is a lot of truth to what you said Thunder.....You trusted me to send you a set of tires literally to the other side of the world on not even a hand shake deal. I said I would and I did. I also trusted you you not do me wrong by saying you never got them. Guess what everything worked out great. I once sent a guy on this forum a $75 receiver before he paid because I had a huge typhoon coming and wanted to get it off the island before my world shut down for a week or so. But I trusted he would make good. He did. The point I am trying to make is trust....it is something the whole damn world has seemed to lost. So trust me and everyone send one of your favorite rides and I'lll put them all together for a big family picture....I mean I'd send 'em back to ya right?
Uh...yeah, you can trust me....heh heh heh

So trust me and everyone send one of your favorite rides and I'lll put them all together for a big family picture....I mean I'd send 'em back to ya right?
Uh...yeah, you can trust me....heh heh heh

Sure..Hold the S.A.R.S please?

SARS? Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome...or smart ass remarks? If you think it is the latter I guess you didn't read the rest of the post which was quite serious....