i need a new nitro engine and i wanted to no

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou069

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi i broke my nitro engine and i dont want to fix it ( need to change the crank shaft and the piston and sleeve) so i want to get a new one, on this rc i hade a .28 n now i was thinking of getting maybe a .30 or a .32 but i want one that wont brake easy i want a good engine.. can any one tell me witch model engine i should get that have the best performance and longest life spam please.. thank you

In my opinion lrp makes the best big block for the money. The .28 or .30 is the only lrp engine experience I have had and I've had really good luck with both of those engines. I would recommend either of those. I'm sure other people will be able to tell you more about other engines but those are the only two big blocks I can speak for.

Novarossi, Picco, Werks, OS, LRP anything made by these companies. And any clone of the LRP .28 spec 3 is good as well, like the Losi 454 engine.

In my opinion lrp makes the best big block for the money. The .28 or .30 is the only lrp engine experience I have had and I've had really good luck with both of those engines. I would recommend either of those. I'm sure other people will be able to tell you more about other engines but those are the only two big blocks I can speak for.
isnt os air plaine nitro engines ?? do they fit on 1/8 c ars ???

OS makes engines for cars and trucks also. What kind of rc do you need this engine for? Do you race bash or both? What is your budget?

Like Smaxxin said OS makes a engine for just about any hobby grade model. OS is a great engine but in my opinion unless your racing for money it's not worth the investment. I've got prob 10 gallons of fuel through my lrp .30 and it still runs strong and holds a great tune. I think I paid like $175 shipped two years ago. You can probably find one cheaper. A OS engine is going to run you $250+.

Novarossi, Werks, O.S- All are excellent brands, it just depends on your price point and type of use. By the sounds of things you didn't break it in properly. A nitro engine doesn't just "break" like that.

Based on your other thread you really should look at something cheaper just to get the basics of tuning down.
Not trying to be a jerk, but no sense in ruining another engine that's more expensive this time around.

Like Smaxxin said OS makes a engine for just about any hobby grade model. OS is a great engine but in my opinion unless your racing for money it's not worth the investment. I've got prob 10 gallons of fuel through my lrp .30 and it still runs strong and holds a great tune. I think I paid like $175 shipped two years ago. You can probably find one cheaper. A OS engine is going to run you $250+.
bought it already broken in and ran it like 50 hrs b4 it cracked

Back