I must have wronged someone.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Because Karma is kicking my butt! Last night our power went out at 8:30, bear in mind it was 110°F yesterday. At 5:00 this morning it was still off, I got about two hours of sleep...I don't do heat well. So we got up and went and bought ice and packed the fridge and freezer full. When we checked online they say it won't' be fixed until after 6:30 tonight. :doh:. It's still supposed to be 108°F today, hoping the house doesn't reach more than 85° but I think it's already there. It was still 89°F at 3:00 this morning. It's going to be a looooong day. 😥

Last edited:
Last 2 weeks no a.c. at work. Next week doesn't look promising either. I know your pain.

Your starting to remind me of a tall thin guy talking about a list and karma. 🤣

Oh man. You need a generator. I would not survive in that kinda heat. Go buy a kiddie pool and fill it with ice. Put it in front of you with a big fan blowing across it.

110F that is +43 celcius

WHAT ? oh my god.

I live in EU, we will have next 3days real PAIN , temp records comes they say
we will have 33+c this is in Fahrenheit 91

Old and weak persons must stay inside says the News.

Generator is great to have. I have two. One smal portable 1kw 1000w and one bigger 5kw 5000w
I use it at my Croft when i stay there sometimes 5-10 days
to be able charge my rc cars, phones, computer, and watch a movie in tv.
My Croft have no Electricity.
I like it because it is in woods, no neighbors or people
You are totally alone. You can walk naked outside if you want :mooning:
and Shoud loudest, any nasty words if you like. :vamp:

The smal Portable is very cool, cute and silent.
These are cheap, bashers should have one.
Be able to charge lipos and stuff. Light weight
1cup runs this 1hour. Max capacity is 4cups / 4hours

hgfrt.jpg

with no AC how will he run the fan. oh off his car.. thats why I went off the grid a few years ago. buy a generator or invest in a wind or solar system if you can Doom you dint mess with anyone..its just life

Nothing you did Doom! Whole lot of folks enduring what you and the wife are right now. Hotter than blazes here too. No measurable rain for weeks now. None in sight.

Energy conserve in place here 2:00-9:00pm daily. State has asked people with full size EV not to charge them. Sustained heat has the electric power grid in Texas close to collapse. Apparently, a lot of crypto currency mining draining the grid here too. Texas put a stop to that as well.

Mama said there'd be days like this. Hang tough buddy. That's all we can do. Cheers. 'AC'

these small portable AC are pretty cheap.
I have a big AC in my house, this is too expensive to use today, Electric is very very expensive here in EU todays.
It was very cheap 10years ago when i installed my big AC.
Today its not possible use it more than MAX 5-10 days Each summer.

My new plan is to future hot summers

Have one lounge with everything. TV, dualsize bed, computer, yeah everything exxept bathroom and kitchen :)
and one Mini portable AC. These dont need alot Electric/energy. And they do fine to one big room.
Hot days and nights i will live in this room.
ac.jpg

So my house will have 2 living spaces next year :)
One for hot days and nights, all other normal for normal days and winter.

I must remove one wall, make 2 rooms to 1 big and also drill a hole in the wall for portable AC air exit .
There is window kits also for people who rental their apartment or house if they dont want drill a hole out side

Portable Air Conditioner Window Kit​

61m970YfQ2L._AC_SX679_.jpg

I'm happy we bought the new AC last year, it cooled the house back down like a champ. Heck I'm happy to have my wi-fi back on!

Yeah AC is a must

Electricity is very important. We lost it 2days about 20years ago, in the winter, goddamn house was cold the last hours. NOT FUN.

Also couple time in summer, 5-12h not fun either. Was very worried about food in Refrigator.

You need cold beer or Coca Cola hot summerdays too :)

The AC in our apt stinks... well, it's not the ac that's bad, it's the insulation between units. For some reason, the people around us don't use their AC and when it's 80F outside, without AC, it will get up to 85F+ in here. We are on the top floor, so we catch heat from those around/below us and it's exacerbated by the heat the roof takes as well as the brick walls. Then after the sun sets, it takes until 3-4am to drop down below 75F in here. That's with our AC on all the time. I don't know how the people that live around us can live with their windows open and AC off...

Summer is annoying in here. I look forward to late fall when it falls down around 60F at night and we can put fans in the windows until Christmas half the time. lol!

Stuff like this happens @Doom! Hang in there Bro, there is always a good day that follows.

D, it's a hot planet, like Tatooine. But not hell. When ever it gets hot, I try to read the temperature in Celsius, makes everything seem cooler. In the winter, I use Rankine. (Fahrenheit plus 468.)
You could always do the "My name is Earl" approach. I could even make the El Camino body for you, you make the holes. (Cue the banjo music)

Because Karma is kicking my butt! Last night our power went out at 8:30, bear in mint it was 110°F yesterday. At 5:00 this morning it was still off, I got about two hours of sleep...I don't do heat well. So we got up and went and bought ice and packed the fridge and freezer full. When we checked online they say it won't' be fixed until after 6:30 tonight. :doh:. It's still supposed to be 108°F today, hoping the house doesn't reach more than 85° but I think it's already there. It was still 89°F at 3:00 this morning. It's going to be a looooong day. 😥
That really sucks man! A spray bottle and fan would be my bestie.

Popular with RC racers is the Jackery Portable Power Station. Kinda pricey but eliminates the fossil fuel requirement. Link below:

Jackery PPS
That actually looks pretty good. :thumbs-up:
It's good Karma......telling you to get out of California 😉

Hang in there, J, things will turn around.

......as soon as you get out of California 😁
If I could only find a rich philanthropist to sponsor my life. I seriously wish it were easier to pick up and go. 20 years ago I could have done it, but 20 years ago it didn't suck this bad.

That actually looks pretty good. :thumbs-up:

If I could only find a rich philanthropist to sponsor my life. I seriously wish it were easier to pick up and go. 20 years ago I could have done it, but 20 years ago it didn't suck this bad.
Tell me about it. Pop a Bob Seger album into the CD slot once in a while. Always get stuck on his ballads, "Roll me Away", 'Against the Wind" and "Like a Rock."

Oh well, still have RC to vicariously live out those good times past. At least the motorsports ones. Yeah, those Jackery's. I'd need a benefactor with deep pockets too.

You guys stay cool. Remember back '78-'79 at Pleasanton, CA Camp Parks for a couple of weeks. Part time fire watch there along with training. Then '81 at Tracy, CA. Both summertime hot and dry. Not heat like now, but still a big change from Nebraska. Driving an Army bus with my Army Reserve unit going back and forth on the I-5 to Rough-and-Ready. We'd wear our swimming trunks under our fatigues, strip 'em off pool side and dive in at the motel we were billeted at.

Cheers. 'AC'

I feel ya.

Today was mid 90's with 35-60mph winds. The first bad one of the summer. And now there are 3 new wild fires nearby (the one near Salmon, Idaho is already blowing up) and we have smoke. I'd trade ya for a power outtage, but I'd be cheating- I have a genny 😘