I may need professional help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran the felony good today....... and the 4tec which hasn't seen much use lately. Definitely notice rear tires are going to be a major issue. Wife did drive the felony and we were both surprised at how well she did with it. She went full send right out the gate. I on the other hand smacked a couple curbs and bent the splitter. I'm pleased at the durability of the arrma compared to others I've owned. No real damage and it's been smacked into curbs a few times. Leaves more money for bling in the future or tires you know whatever 🤣View attachment 135794View attachment 135795View attachment 135796
Looks like the front of the splitter is a bit banged up...sand it down a little, and it'll be as good as new!

I need to find a bigger parking lot to run mine in. I have yet to really stetch mine's legs.

Ran the felony good today....... and the 4tec which hasn't seen much use lately. Definitely notice rear tires are going to be a major issue. Wife did drive the felony and we were both surprised at how well she did with it. She went full send right out the gate. I on the other hand smacked a couple curbs and bent the splitter. I'm pleased at the durability of the arrma compared to others I've owned. No real damage and it's been smacked into curbs a few times. Leaves more money for bling in the future or tires you know whatever 🤣View attachment 135794View attachment 135795View attachment 135796
That's awesome. Glad you guys had some good racing time yesterday. Tires will be a must on that car for sure. That usually don't last awfully session. Nice job man 👍👍

I need to find a bigger parking lot to run mine in. I have yet to really stetch mine's legs.
I ran mine in an empty church parking lot. It's been seal coated so it has a nice tacky surface. Same one I rum my dr10 on
Looks like a fun car, it's on my wish list but will probably be there a long time.
It's a blast and so glad I found it so cheap. The price was definitely holding me back on them new

Well I officially destroyed the rear tire today. Worth it. Now I need to tear it apart and really get down and dirty with the cleaning. Also leaning toward swapping the rear diff out for another front diff. Makes tire options easier as I'm seeing.
20211129_155245.jpg

I would think that the front and rear diffs are the same...apparently not! But then again, I know little about Arrma cars, and pretty much 0 about your specific model! Good luck!

I bought a second front diff from Jenny's to do the same conversion but I havent done it yet. You'll need hub extenders for the back to get the rear tires to sit right under the body otherwise they will look pushed in too far.

400 including 2 new smart technology 3s batteries
Whaaaaat?!?! I never get deals like this. Right time, right place I guess. Good for you man, you can use the $500.00+ you saved (including batteries) to buy the many stacks of tires you’ll need. 😊 They are such cool cars, I’d love to have one someday.

Whaaaaat?!?! I never get deals like this. Right time, right place I guess. Good for you man, you can use the $500.00+ you saved (including batteries) to buy the many stacks of tires you’ll need. 😊 They are such cool cars, I’d love to have one someday.
Yeah, I agree, if I found deals like that (and I do search sometimes, believe me) I would have lots of RCs and parts!

Also work on the throttle control 🤣🤣

I rarely get deals like that but it was on my bucket list for quite some time so I had to snag that deal when I saw it. The only other time someone basically gave me a car was when I found my bullhead in my lhs for 10 bucks. Complete. Didn't even ask on that one 🤣
The better half did get me a few things for it for Christmas. I got a new splitter tires a couple more batteries and caps for the wheels along with the rc screwz screw set.

I rarely get deals like that but it was on my bucket list for quite some time so I had to snag that deal when I saw it. The only other time someone basically gave me a car was when I found my bullhead in my lhs for 10 bucks. Complete. Didn't even ask on that one 🤣
The better half did get me a few things for it for Christmas. I got a new splitter tires a couple more batteries and caps for the wheels along with the rc screwz screw set.
The couple of times when I did find a good deal, the people selling it just didn't freaking respond to my questions about the item, the most recent example is I found on Offer Up a listing for a Traxxas Ford F-150 Slash for $100, with a NiMH battery (no charger or body clips). The listing was up for like 6 years, I asked them if it was avalible, and if it worked, no reply whatsoever, to this day (a couple of months later) not sure if it's already sold and they didn't bother to mark it sold, or what! (the guy is active, it's not like he's been off the site for years)

Nice of your wife to get you that stuff! Seems like she supports your hobby (always a good thing!), judging by what people are saying, you'll need all the tires you can get!

I
The couple of times when I did find a good deal, the people selling it just didn't freaking respond to my questions about the item, the most recent example is I found on Offer Up a listing for a Traxxas Ford F-150 Slash for $100, with a NiMH battery (no charger or body clips). The listing was up for like 6 years, I asked them if it was avalible, and if it worked, no reply whatsoever, to this day (a couple of months later) not sure if it's already sold and they didn't bother to mark it sold, or what! (the guy is active, it's not like he's been off the site for years)

Nice of your wife to get you that stuff! Seems like she supports your hobby (always a good thing!), judging by what people are saying, you'll need all the tires you can get!
I'm finding that tires are an issue on the felony. But it's been a blast and haven't actually broken anything on it yet. Very impressed with the quality of it. I've been blessed with a very supportive wife. She beats the rcs as much as I do.

I'm finding that tires are an issue on the felony. But it's been a blast and haven't actually broken anything on it yet. Very impressed with the quality of it. I've been blessed with a very supportive wife. She beats the rcs as much as I do.
Yes, you are blessed. My wife thought she liked it for a couple bash sessions so I built her a very groovy car but she’s only used it for about 5 minutes. I wish she enjoyed it half as much as I do, it’d be fun to share that with her. She is still supportive though…she got me a Losi DBXL-E V2 Fox for Christmas!

Yes, you are blessed. My wife thought she liked it for a couple bash sessions so I built her a very groovy car but she’s only used it for about 5 minutes. I wish she enjoyed it half as much as I do, it’d be fun to share that with her. She is still supportive though…she got me a Losi DBXL-E V2 Fox for Christmas!

I've only gotten Mrs. Doom to drive one of my crawlers one time, she's just not Interested. She does however put up with all my nonsense, and never complains about my hobby. Secretly I know it's because it gets me out of the house and gives her a break for a couple of hours on the weekend. 🤔🤣

I'm not gonna lie, I'm glad my wife's not interested in my rc hobby. I could barely keep up with the wrenching and mods just for me. Don't want to be adding additional work. However, she is supportive in that she doesn't mind me playing with all my silly toys all the time.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm glad my wife's not interested in my rc hobby. I could barely keep up with the wrenching and mods just for me. Don't want to be adding additional work. However, she is supportive in that she doesn't mind me playing with all my silly toys all the time.

Good point!

I

With 8s power you would has a lot of on command power, drifts, spins, donuts, burnouts ect. will all wear down the tires faster, as you probably know. 6s power now and then would be easier on the tires. Maybe a set of some drift style tires would be better for those drifts and stuff!

Do you support her hobbies too (I would guess so)?

I do support her in all her endeavors. She has taken a liking to harry potter lego sets and I buy them for her when I find one she may like. I'm working on getting her the huge castle set with the light kit as well for her birthday. She's spoiling me for mine by getting me a cen f450 and some other parts for it. I'm excited to get it and see how it handles and how I can make it stand out. I'm planning a rollback flat bed tow truck for it and may just have to break down and get a second one to build the tow truck

Back