I just took a short nap and ......

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

True Newb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
I take a short nap after being up for 32hrs searching the internet, visiting local hobby shops and thinking about what to do and where to go next with the new Mudboss 12T. I wake up to the faint smell of what I think is nail polish and immediately look at my fingernails! (You have no idea what I live with!!) Whew! Everything is normal. I look for the culprit and find it in the workshop. The wife had picked up 3 rattle cans at the speed shop at the track, when we were there getting the body, and I asked her what those colors were for. She remained quiet which any man knows is NOT GOOD!!! I found out what the pink, purple and white were for as I caught her re .... uh ..... err ..... purplish bluish sparkly handed and I see little dirt car panels all over the place.

mudboss body 5.jpg

mudboss body 4.jpg

mudboss body 3.jpg

mudboss body 6.jpg

There goes the neighborhood and my new hobby!! She has executed a hostile take over of the shop, my Mudboss and my will to continue!! (OK .. maybe that was alittle over the top) I asked her what the second window was for and she said "It will be a net rolled up. I ain't done with it yet!" and as ruler of my castle I said "OK honey. You do as you please.". Her first time painting anything like this and it did come out somewhat OK. ;) (I will NEVER admit it's good to her! NEVER!!) The distressed flag on the inside is ..... OK too. LMAO!!! If you must know, the .001 number I decided on lastnight as I figured it was probably the exact percentage I have of this car completing a race in one piece with me driving it!! My chances of actually winning?? Well .. that number is WAY to big to put on the car. The shop now looks like a rainbow unicorn farted sparkles!!! It's everywhere!! This is why I can't have nice things.

Last edited:
Don't tell your wife - she did an amazing job!

What is a Mudboss? Just did a quick search and it brings up a lot of Traxxas Slash links. So I assume it is a conversion? Do you have any info? We don't have a track here, but it would be a cool one for the collection.

My man, they make something called a lock and key. I know what your going through. Love the pink purple coloring. 😁

The only suggestion I have, keep your good stuff in the sjed with the lawn mower.

I take a short nap after being up for 32hrs searching the internet, visiting local hobby shops and thinking about what to do and where to go next with the new Mudboss 12T. I wake up to the faint smell of what I think is nail polish and immediately look at my fingernails! (You have no idea what I live with!!) Whew! Everything is normal. I look for the culprit and find it in the workshop. The wife had picked up 3 rattle cans at the speed shop at the track, when we were there getting the body, and I asked her what those colors were for. She remained quiet which any man knows is NOT GOOD!!! I found out what the pink, purple and white were for as I caught her re .... uh ..... err ..... purplish bluish sparkly handed and I see little dirt car panels all over the place.

View attachment 129464

View attachment 129465

View attachment 129466

View attachment 129467

There goes the neighborhood and my new hobby!! She has executed a hostile take over of the shop, my Mudboss and my will to continue!! (OK .. maybe that was alittle over the top) I asked her what the second window was for and she said "It will be a net rolled up. I ain't done with it yet!" and as ruler of my castle I said "OK honey. You do as you please.". Her first time painting anything like this and it did come out somewhat OK. ;) (I will NEVER admit it's good to her! NEVER!!) The distressed flag on the inside is ..... OK too. LMAO!!! If you must know, the .001 number I decided on lastnight as I figured it was probably the exact percentage I have of this car completing a race in one piece with me driving it!! My chances of actually winning?? Well .. that number is WAY to big to put on the car. The shop now looks like a rainbow unicorn farted sparkles!!! It's everywhere!! This is why I can't have nice things.
You, Sir, need to embrace the unicorn flatulence!

Now that she has something else to paint, you're cuticles are all safe. I would imagine that waking up with cosmetic on your face, would also seize.
💅

Don't tell your wife - she did an amazing job!

What is a Mudboss? Just did a quick search and it brings up a lot of Traxxas Slash links. So I assume it is a conversion? Do you have any info? We don't have a track here, but it would be a cool one for the collection.

A Mudboss is indeed a Traxxas Slash with a Salvas (some tracks allow all other manufacturer bodies) Northeast Dirt Body on it. You can't change many things on it which keeps the cost down as I am new to RC and racing. I'm hoping to get my first race in Wednesday BUT that may be wishful thinking. The class I will run in is called 12T which is the motor you are allowed to run. There is also other Mudboss classes like "Big Block" where you can use a more powerful motor and such. I'm still learning and will probably never stop learning. Heading to an indoor track now to practice turning this thing on their oval track. I have about $340 in this car so far including a charger for the batteries.

mudboss Body 2.jpg

Basically look like this although this is not 100% fitment quite yet. Just threw it on to get an idea. :)

My man, they make something called a lock and key. I know what your going through. Love the pink purple coloring. 😁

The only suggestion I have, keep your good stuff in the sjed with the lawn mower.

My man ... they also make things called "the wife knows where the keys are" and she's not afraid to take out a window should said keys to said locks NOT be found. She's ruthless!! LOL

Last edited:
Back