I just got into an argument over this...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1720036,00.html

OK...I know it's just a bird right? it's not the act of killing I am opposed to, it's the act of sensless killing.....I do agree things like this shouldn't reach a national level of attention in lieu of current events in the world.....BUT COME ON, this guy kept trying to hit it..until he did...then all of a sudden he felt sorry?!?!? I'm calling bullshit on this one.....he knew exactly what he was doing and when he realized it could hurt his overpaid career he tucked his tail and scampered for the safety of his PR man.......at least guys like ted nugent admit they want to kill and do for the right reasons.....this is a small view into how our society works...people feel they can do whatever they want until they get caught...what happened to a guy just saying "Hmmm, that bird id doing what he naturally does, maybe I shouldn't get pissed over a natural occurance"......I think this guy needs to be taught a lesson.....send him to the pokey for a few weeks or whatever......celebrities think they are above the laws that EVERYONE must abide by and this guy just flaunted that in front of an entire camera crew....what did he expect would happen to a bird that gets a projectile known to have maimed people on golf courses all over the world comes crashing into it's hollow boned body....yeah this jackass knew exactly what he was doing and just thought he could do it anyway......money should NOT equal power and I've ranted on stupid celebs enough.....
Eric out

He should be banned from the PGA, fined and sent to jail. The hawk is a protected species for shits sake.

After he gets out of jail, you should be allowed to chuck off on him for a minute.

He should be banned from the PGA, fined and sent to jail. The hawk is a protected species for shits sake.

After he gets out of jail, you should be allowed to chuck off on him for a minute.

i agree totally with you on this.it happened 20 minutes from where i live and we have some of those hawks around our house in apopka i live next to the wekiva national forest and they are all over.they are beautiful birds.he should get the max jail time possible

I agree completely. No way should he get a free pass because he said "I'm sorry" Vick said I'm sorry too, and where is he now? In jail where he belongs. I hope this jackass faces the same fate.

+2

I think they should make the same kind of example of him as they did Michael Vick.
:boxing:

Just a fine example of a big headed celebrity dumb@ss. If I had done that, I would already be in jail and would probably sit there for a few months awaiting my araignment because the bail on the federal charges would be so outrageous. haha don't ask why I know the system like I do, it was another part of my life that is now closed.

Bottom line is he did it intentionally. No free pass here. Throw the book at him. Let him feel bad while he's writing the fine check in jail...

:nono:

I mean... why? Why would you do that? Frickin' 8 year olds do stuff like that. :nono: Send the idiot to jail. jeez...

Sure he's apologizing. He enjoyed trying to nail it. He's not sorry for what he did, only for getting caught. Just like Vick.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!
man I spent 30 mins arguing with some dumbass at a customer's site about how it's only a bird, they should just let this go...I freaked out and started ranting on this guy and I could see he had absolutely NO FREAKIN CLUE about justice and fairness.....his stance was "he said he was just trying to scare the bird away"....BULLSHIT.....the guy kept going after it....I hate seeing people treat ANY life unfairly......I am not one of those crazy wacked out ALF or PETA freaks but damn that was wrong....

and rob I would love to chuck off on that deushebag for more than a minute......

Last edited:
Hey, what's wrong with p.e.t.a.?

I am a member of p.e.t.a.

People eating tasty animals!
FILE27394.gif

another in agreement.take his pga membership and throw him in jail,when he gets out,let peta stalk him and catch him at a golf coarse and let them hit balls at his ass!

I won't advocate anything for PETA (spelled it right this time).....but I'd sure like to see someone hit his ass with a golfball.....actually hit his head......

that would be a great fund raiser for peta charge people $1.00 a ball or $25.00 bucket to wack the golfer

Guy kills animal with golf ball for fun.

Guy kills deer/bear/wild animal for fun.

How come one of those is acceptable and one isn't?

By the way, no I'm not a member of PETA or any other sort of stupid organisation, no I'm not a vegetarian, neither am I some sort of soppy liberal, I just don't agree with killing stuff for fun.

Last edited:
if the guy killing the deer for fun decided to kill a protected hawk species, he would be in a bind too I'm sure

it was a protected bird not a legally hunted animal there is a big difference

hmmm, sad argument indeed.

In my opinion it does not matter what animal it was he was trying to kill. It could have been a groundhog for heavens sake and he would still be a disgrace to this sport and to any upright walking individual being involved with it. Unfortunately this stupid idiot is going to make a lot of money for swinging a club at whatever he feels like swinging it at, while people with more style, skill and better behavior will struggle.

Unfortunately, whacking the golfer with golfballs would never work, because there would be at least one "law abiding citizen" trying to shine by reporting a public lynching if he was hit by all but one ball... nevertheless I would volunteer to donate 500 balls for such action ;)

Seems to be a heated discussion at our Golf Club... they would like to see him punched bad, some even said he would have deserved a real beating by one of the bystanders right when it happened... but, I guess when it's time for that the backbone was missing.

The people standing around and laughing are not a bit better, in that case. Some of these players will take a slice of ham right off your sandwich so nobody can say they didn't think he would hit the bird. Just a bunch of cowards... I guess.

Offenders always win, just say sorry and move on.
What happened to pride and common sense?

Unless he starts a hunting club for endangered birds (using golfclubs and balls as weapon) there is really no connection with hunting. I don't hunt, I go to a grocery store for my food, but sometimes I feel like starting to hunt though. Knowing how the big corporations treat the animals that land on our table could make a vegetarian in no time. Hunting to kill and eat has more dignity in my opinion and should not be put on the same level...

Wag more, bark less, and if you bark - make sure you bite too.

Last edited:
Speaking of animal cruelty - anyone catch one of our guys in the Marines toss a puppy off the cliff?

-Michael

Back