Almost got a new dog.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys.

So this morning about 7am my dog Rosie, the neighbors dog Jacob, my moms dog lucky (I call him big for nothing...not to his face, but you know), and my aunts dog buddy (so small you have to watch your step) started going nuts in the yard, so I jump out of my game chair (someone just stole a 50" sony bravia from the fifth camper trailer), cause I'm on extra alert for thieves, and all see this young pitbull getting cornered by the dogs he wasn't even defending himself, he was just laying on his stomach, I for sure thought the dogs worked him over already. Couldn't be more than 1 year I guess, still goofy, no collar, and despite me trying to chase him out if my yard for 25 mins straight, I say chase, but all we did was laps around my house, laps around the neighbours house, laps around the trees, but I was able to load him in my truck, all I did was point at him and told him to get in the truck (brownie points for listening), this made Rosie jealous...lol, she suddenly wants to play fetch...I've been trying to get her to play for the last couple days with no luck. Anyway back to the pitbull and me. I started driving around looking for his owner, I tried 8 houses, and in my area the houses aren't exactly close to one another, didn't find anyone that would admit to owning him, and I had to get to work (town day...yay) so he came for a long ride to town with me, we had double burgers at this diner I've been going to since I was 12. Lol...I got a traveling buddy all day long, grabbed a few things (parts) for work, brought the dog home, and as I was driving up the really, really long road that my house is at the end of, I thought what if this dog belongs to this old guy Vernon (or the mad trapper, that sets traps in my family's pasture land)...I'd call him a squatter, but he never really sticks around, he just traps, and/or picks berries, then leaves, (I found his goats 12 on the road one night, goats are scary looking in the headlights of a taurus, they have red eyes and horns!), so I take a drive into the pasture, and what do I find, the mad trapper himself calling out for Rosco, of course as soon as the dog hears this he pretty well jumped out the drivers side window, I didn't even get to take my hands off the wheel, let alone stop the truck, he just crawled right through me! And as I pull up to Vernon he's already starting off with the "I'll leave, I'll leave, I'm just getting Rosco" I replied what's the point you've been here since before 7am you mind as well finish, we both had a laugh. I don't mind him living off the land, its how he's done it for years.

So, I guess, I narrowly escaped gaining another dog at the house, as a reward for returning him Vernon was trying to give me his freshest trappings (rabbits), but we agreed upon a pail of berries in the summer, but would've been nice to keep him now that I'm typing about it.

Last edited:
Almost had a new dog and had double burgers...good stuff....then you lost me with the rabbits...lol.

We had a visit from a chicken yesterday. A beautiful black and red hen. I saw it out the window and told my daughter to come see. She went out and it took up with her, standing close to her and clucking. Then it layed an egg. A perfect brown one. She gave it some corn and called "here chicky chicky and it followed her back to its home about a 150 yards away at the neighbors barn. Now she wants a chicken.
IMG_5693.gif

Last edited:
Chickens are a lot like cats, in the way they act.

Last edited:
Chickens have very funny personalities. Ours eat with the outdoor cats, chase each other, ride on goats backs, lots of funny things.

Almost had a new dog and had double burgers...good stuff....then you lost me with the rabbits...lol.

The rabbits make a good stew, but I didn't feel like cleaning them that day.

I don't blame her. I love chickens... honey glazed in the broiler.

Mmm, that sound just tasty!

Chickens have very funny personalities. Ours eat with the outdoor cats, chase each other, ride on goats backs, lots of funny things.

When I was 19 my grandfather (nimosom) sent me to the huttrites for a sack of potatoes, and a box of eggs. They cost $45 together back then, but my grandfather gave me a $50 dollar bill, which I handed to the huttrite farmer, he then told me he didn't have change, so he offered me a box of soups, and stews, or chickens. Naturally I thought the chickens were cleaned, and ready for the oven, instead this farmer comes out of his tin building with a cardboard box containing 6 chicks, I brought them home cause I thought my grandfather would get a kick out of it, also I didn't think anyone would believe me about being offered chickens, or soup. We let them live in the yard, one of them turned out to be a rooster...he was no fun! After he matured nobody could sneak in to the yard, I couldn't even sneak home without him spilling the beans, plus he'd always try and fight me, but he was too fast to catch when he'd finally get me mad. I tried to bring him to an early end so many times.

Back