Should I keep my 45 dollar Picco .21 engine or take the ofna .28 that I got for free

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.MadfireMoe

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Okay so I think it is obvious that the Ofna .28 is better then this washed up old .21 engine. The thing is that I couldn't get it started today but it had a bad glow plug. So I had trouble and didn't run it. A friend of my dad had a Ofna .28 engine doing nothing because he converted his Ultra to electric. So he just gave it to me. The ofna is better in every way including being able to put a drill start on it and not worrying about killing yourself for a starter box battery! BUT. I just payed 45 dollars for this thing, and now I'm getting a more reliable engine for free. What should I do?

Run it like you stole it. :D
That is a must try or should I say a must do! I already through the engine in the car before I posted :cool:

That is a must try or should I say a must do! I already through the engine in the car before I posted :cool:

I would hang on to the old engine ,you never know what you might be able to piece together in the future!...:cool:

Being into rc's ,you will eventually want to build that unique ride later on ,I guarantee it!....:p

Ha!, true but i think a little earlier I the flywheel was spinning very freely. I think this is what they call low combustion

Ha!, true but i think a little earlier I the flywheel was spinning very freely. I think this is what they call low combustion

Ah ,does it turn freely with a plug in it? ,if so ,then its lost compression ,but if you turn it with
out a plug in it ,then it will seem weak!

Ah ,does it turn freely with a plug in it? ,if so ,then its lost compression ,but if you turn it with
out a plug in it ,then it will seem weak!
You are right. I put the plug back in it and it turned like it supposed to. But it got weak when I used the starter box and stopped turning on. And my idle is not low at all.

Back