I finally got her back together

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffnstuff

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well after over two weeks passing since I wrecked my baby I finally got her back together on on the road again. I'll give you a before and after picture so you can see the difference.
wrecked savage bottom full view.jpg

Here's the repaired look with the body off.
post collision savage without body left side.JPG

And here's the look with the body on.
Post collision savage with body on.JPG

Last edited:
Ok I have to ask... Did you run it over with your car, or hit something that hard head on that the frame buckkled?

C.

My neighbors across the street have this mailbox with a brick base around it and it's been turned at an angle ever since the last drunk hit it in the middle of the night. Well my truck found the corner of it at wot hence the damage that you see. It even broke one of my steering crank posts but I never would've found it if I hadn't been upgrading my steering to bearings which is why I was in there in the first place. After waiving my magic wand, mastercard, I finally got it all back together and running. Had it out this afternoon making adjustments since I've got all new servos and needed to get the settings right. By this coming weekend I'll have a hd ofna steering servo saver to replace the stock unit along with a motor saver air filter. Hopefully I won't run into anything else.

thats pretty bad, thats kinda what mine looked like after going off a jump and landing on one front tire from about 9 feet in the air onto concrete.but only one of my chassis peices bent so i just bent it back and was back on the road. glad to hear you got her back up and runnig though.
savager

sweet, nice purple plates. SAVAGE ROCKS!!

Holy crap that thing got bent up.
The purple plates look pretty kick-ass.

Did you go with like a direct replacement TVP or did you get something a little nicer, ya know thicker n'stuff.

I did that to my 21 not once but twice ya what kinda of jack a$$ would do somthing like that twice. well the second time it was going to cost me like 300 bucks to put it back together, I just said screw it and got a 25 no I have lots of extra parts.

I used the hpi replacement tvp's which now come in purple. Tower had the tvp/roll bar set for like $58 so I got it besides I wanted to go purple anyway. I suppose in time I'll just purple the whole damn thing out if I can stay away from solid objects. I did manage to correct the image problem in my first post so now you can see the pics.

Last edited:
all that purple look pretty sweet! i was bout to go all purple too but then i saw a few savages with a lot of aluminum silver so I'm gona stay with silver to match my rcsolutions roll cage.
savager

Back