i can't stand my local hobby shop

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamikazexkilla

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I should say semi local, I decided to go in search of some parts of needed to the only hobby shop I know of a few towns over from me. I get there and am greeted with an akward silence an weird looks from the workers it was a task to get them to help me and taking to the man in charge made me mad aswell he couldn't even be bothered to look at me when he spoke and they told me the wrong part to look for. How many other people get this horrible service?

It happens for sure. My lhs, which is now out of business sucked as well. There was one guy who was real friendly but not knowledgeable.

I am back to having one LHS again that is local. Good guys, but they seem to mostly deal with onroad stuff since they are in the burbs, so advice/suggestions for the offroad stuff I run aren't very good.

Got a good one for u. Ordered parts from my local shop a month ago. Went in weekly and kept being told they were on back order. Finally sent a email asking for a eta was ignored for another week. Then got a reply saying 2 out of 4 parts will be in in a few days. The call and say the parts are in. Go to get them and only 1 part was in then I go to pay and the price was 20 higher than quoted. When I asked why they said shipping went up. Strange I know they place high enough orders to get free shipping especially when I seem all the new batteries that were in stock. Got home went on eBay ordered my parts will be in next week. Sent the lhs a email to cancel all my orders. Their loss they lost my parts sales, fuel, and I was going to buy a new rc this month. That was 3 strikes for them in 2 months

That sucks at least its not just me. I wish I could find another hobby shop near me:/

Sometimes the online stores have their issues too though...I had a castle system that took me almost 5 weeks to get straight from castle. Granted it was a promotional giveaway that I won but still...

Then there were the 2 LiFe batts I ordered from Hobby King. After them not showing up for a month I went back to their website and it said that it was awaiting payment. Payment had already been made and I had proof....those have supposedly shipped now but I'm still waiting...

And then last night after about 3 weeks I realized the stuff I had ordered from proline hadnt come yet so I looked on their website and under "order status" it says "order entered" and of course they are closed on the weekend so I have to wait until Monday to call them about that one o_O

Back