Hyper speed rc wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narinder41599

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I have had this nitro rc car for around 3-4 years (hyper speed). A couple summers ago I tried to get to work but it didn't work out. So I put it away for a couple of years. But these last two days I have been trying to get to start again nut still nothing. I got tired of pulling the cord so I took it off and made it a drill start. I try to prime the engine by covering the exhaust but the fuel wouldn't come through. So I just blew through the pipe to get it primed. I dont have a air filter on, idk if that could be the reason it won't start. Another way I would get it primed up was to cover the air filter hole, the fuel would then come through. I opened the side of the exhaust port to see if it was sparking, I think it was but it could have been a reflection. The gas that I was putting in was as old as the car, I'm going to go and buy some new gas and a glow plug to see if that would help. I would appreciate any responses, thank you.

I would definitely start by filling it up with new nitro. I recommend VP master basher 20% nitro 14% castrol syntech oil.

Was there any old fuel left in the tank/fuel lines? It also probably wouldn't hurt to change those as well.

Does the engine still have compression?

I would definitely start by filling it up with new nitro. I recommend VP master basher 20% nitro 14% castrol syntech oil.

Was there any old fuel left in the tank/fuel lines? It also probably wouldn't hurt to change those as well.

Would 20% nitro and 9% Castrol work? the 20% comes in gallons, which would be over kill for me.
I cleaned the lines with WD-40, and I will change the tank.
When the top part of the motor is off I put my thumb over the piston and feel it getting sucked in but stops after one full rotation

Fresh fuel and a clean fuel system is where I would start. Its not going to run right or likely at all with old fuel. Start there for sure. Start with the simple stuff first and work from there... New lines wouldn't hurt, if for nothing else, for peace of mind. They are cheap! Def run a filter too. Little bits of grit can do big damage!

Fresh fuel and a clean fuel system is where I would start. Its not going to run right or likely at all with old fuel. Start there for sure. Start with the simple stuff first and work from there... New lines wouldn't hurt, if for nothing else, for peace of mind. They are cheap! Def run a filter too. Little bits of grit can do big damage!
Alright Thanks, Il let u know if anything changes.

New fuel, new fuel lines, fresh batteries and check for loose screws.