Hump pack and Charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxMasterS2

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi everyone!
I have a T Maxx and a Savage. I would like to equip both with rechargable packs for their receivers/servos. I am assuming I could use a hump pack for both and only need one charger for it. I was wondering if this is true, or if I can just charge them with my charger I use for easy-start or roto-start batteries for my rigs. THANKS

This has me confused, it says it comes with an adapter for charging, that's why I was wondering if I need a charger at all.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...dgettype=cross_promot_widget#ebayphotohosting

Last edited:
Depends on the charger you have for charging your starter batteries. Check the directions and see if it lists if it can charge 5 cell/6v packs at around 1amp.

If it cannot, or you're not sure, please post the make/model of the charger, and someone here can most likely tell you if you can use it for that or not.

The charging adapter is basically a connector that will go between your charger and the charge lead to the pack. It just means you don't have to buy one or make your own. You'll still need an appropriate charger for the pack. Preferrably one that (as HB said) can charge around 1 amp and has delta peak monitoring so it will shut itself down when the battery is fully charged. If you're using electric starters and hump packs, you definitely want to at least invest in a charger that can handle all of them.