HULKS MGT BUILD (race mode)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Hulk she is coming out absolutly stunning!!! can't wait until its done and getting some air and dirt time!!!

Well hulk just think of all the MGT parts you can buy with all that wrenching $$$$$. Oh I'm sure were gonna break some stuff crawling today, so you better clean some room on the ole work bench.....:D

Well at least we didn't really break any parts on the crawlers bro! Oh yah right I did burn up that motor!:hehe: Time for a better quality motor and a
45t at that.

---------- Post added at 6:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:20 PM ----------

Damn Hulk she is coming out absolutly stunning!!! can't wait until its done and getting some air and dirt time!!!

Thanks man! I will be glad to have this beast flying high, hope she holds up!

I have been extremely busy working on my buddies trucks this week and finally warmed up enough to get some wheel time in. So working on the MGT has been slowly coming along. I finally got my thunder tiger wing mount in got it mounted along with the Integy Savage xl 7075 alum clutch, I have had really good luck with running this setup on my clutch's. Got my +6mm 17mm hub adapters also, thanks to Ckeith for recommending these! View attachment 13533

View attachment 13534

View attachment 13535

Hope I can get some better pics up later.

Last edited:
Ah man, I got the goosebumps

Me to bro! LOL. Got some fairly high gearing going on so can't wait for some speed pass's I got all my suspension parts but I got so many trucks coming in that need work my stuff is getting neglected.

Looks great man. Quite a transformation. Doesn't even look like a MGT.:hehe:

Nice job, looks killer hulk...
Glad the adapters worked for you..
Yup let's see the shocks on..

Well I got the rear of the MGT finished up last night. Using the rpm arms worked out nicely, because of the extra meat at the bottom of the Rpm arm. Will be figuring out some sort of longer shock setup later on so I have more adjustment though. With then maxx shock setup I am kind of limited with my adjustments, since the MGT shocks are a tad longer. If I knew what shock rod end was longer and would thread into the maxx shock shaft that may fix the length problem also. I hope to have the front buttoned up tonight, and some pics up. One things for sure those Traxxas BB maxx shocks are super smooth shocks.

Well I figured out the shock length prob. If I end up needing more adjustment and suspension travel I found that the HPI Savage shock ball ends fit the T-maxx shocks perfect they thread right on and tighten down nicely. I am keeping my setup I have for now with though. I finally got the complete suspension setup last night. I started the trimming process on my body hope to have it ready for paint by the weekend. I will most definitely have pics up this evening of what I have so far!:D

Last edited:
That is looking awesome! On my to do list is convert mine to a truggy style body and wing

WOW! I finally got to tank 5 and holy crap full throttle burst is insane even with the 49t 20t bell this thing is spinning tires on hard top uncontrollably. Wish I had more time to finish break in, also I used Torco fuel and it may be some of the best stuff I have tried so far!

I'm jealous bro;)....glad to hear its all well and good man, what % torco you using

I'm jealous bro;)....glad to hear its all well and good man, what % torco you using

Thanks dude! I'm running 20% nitro 14%oil. I really like the Torco. It held dang near perfect break in temps the hole time with minor adjustments. I do wish how ever that LRP would do an insulated carb.

Looks great..!
That body fits good :D
Can't wait to fire up my 8.0 ERCM.. I will get some vids up..

Looking great Hulk! I had an LRP .28 in an LST and it was a handful so I know that .32 is treating that MGT like a rag doll....We need a video of that beast!

Dude that thing is so sick man!! I bet it being MGT based that b!*ch will cause total mayhem on dirt amd total havok on the track!!!

So ill send my 4.6 to ya and just go ahead and duplicate it for me :hehe:

Back