HULKS MGT BUILD (race mode)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well here we go. I am officially starting my AE Monster GT build. Still in process of gathering parts but here goes. Kinda excited to start this build just because the MGT needs to see some love LOL!:hehe:

MGT 8.0 transmission (waiting to arrive)
FOC for said transmission( waiting to arrive)
Factory team race chassis
Crazy nut racing dual disc carbon fiber brake setup(pretty rare)
LRP .32 spec 2 OH YAH!
one pretty much brand new MGT 4.6(parts supplier)LOL!
RPM A arms (waiting to arrive)
HCR titanium hinge pins

View attachment 13339

View attachment 13340

View attachment 13341

View attachment 13342

View attachment 13343

View attachment 13344

Last edited:
Yah I'm going to take my time with this one mainly because parts are nearly impossible to source any more for these rigs. I got a line on a set of Nova shock towers if I can get the guy to come off them LOL! they are similar to the FLM maxx towers. Next purchase will be the factory team steering assembly. Ckeith do you know if theres a difference in the 4.6 and 8.0 diffs I am thinking theirs not from my research.

Ah here it is, weve been waiting hulk! Not verry nice of you..jk

Ah here it is, weve been waiting hulk! Not verry nice of you..jk

Dang to you long enough there Hotrod LOL!:hehe:

Yah local guys been keeping me busy working on there rigs plus I had to get my FOC finished in my revo. I still have two other rigs sitting in the hobby room waiting on parts to come.(that are not mine) then I can go all out on this build!

Great choice of products so far. I'm looking forward to this build.:thumbup:

Subscribed! Always fancy seeing a MGT thread! Keep the pics coming!!

Will do bro! I am working on prying those old school Nova shock towers from a friends hands LOL!!:hehe:

Will do bro! I am working on prying those old school Nova shock towers from a friends hands LOL!!:hehe:

I never knew Nova made shock towers. Those pups gotta be rare.
Bums me out they're out of business.

Yah man Nova made them for a short time. It sucks these companies are drying up. Someone needs to start machining some stuff for these rigs I think the support is still out there for sales. If I can't get these from my buddy I guess I will find a machine shop to turn some out for me maybe. Worst come to worst I will go the GPM tower route not that there bad but not much shock adjustment with them.

Oh I love MGT builds. Makes me want to tear into mine.

MORE PICTURES!!!

Good to hear Woodie. Dig it out and start wrenchin LOL! I tell ya sourcing parts for the ole mgt isn't easy.

Update

Well I've been sourcing some parts for the MGT build! Finally got a nice set of turnbuckles from Full Force RC there the Carbon fiber with the 7075 aluminum inserts that go through them. Also got a complete team aluminum steering hardware kit. Just a few more parts and I will start the build! Income tax should allow the buying most of the rest of my parts! Guess this isn't much of an update.

It would be more of an update if you at least posted pics of the parts, jeeze!.....jk man, glad to hear the parts hunt is coming along bro

It would be more of an update if you at least posted pics of the parts, jeeze!.....jk man, glad to hear the parts hunt is coming along bro

I know right! I am actually getting ready to take some pics waiting on the camera to charge! Wife never charges it after she's finished with it LOL!

Get back at her by leaving the toilet seat up, lol

Well small update on the MGT I started ordering some parts from new era for the MGT. Hoping they can source a set of shock towers. I emailed then waiting on a reply. Did order an engine mount cnc solid one piece because the stockers on these MGT's just look weak even though I have never broke one yet LOL!:hehe: Going to get some pics up tomorrow I hope sometime of the stuff I got so far.

Finally decided to take some pics of the parts that came in. Got a set of Full force CF toe links with 7075 inserts and a complete team steering kit. Had to buy parts individual to get the best price LOL! Waiting on some parts coming in from new era. View attachment 13450 I know pic quality sucks not much light in the new hobby room yet, but I am working on that!

View attachment 13451

Last edited:
Back