HULKS MGT BUILD (race mode)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys much appreciated! Next warm day I will finish the break in and get a running vid up I hope. Hard to believe it was 70 degrees here Saturday no we have a foot of snow this morning AUGH! Supposed to be back in the 70's by Friday thank goodness.

Sounds like the same kinda weather as here man without the sub temps, whats the size of that carb hulk?

Hulk the zr.30x has the insulated carb

Hulk the zr.30x has the insulated carb

The .30x does but the .30 spec 2 and the zr.32 doesn't I am thinking about trying out the .30x carb in the .32. I haven't had a ton of problems just starting right after running temps are up takes a few more pulls than most other BB engine that I have ran.

Ya I know! I thought you didnt buddy......you think ya got a small fuel boil issue goin on there

Wow. That thing really turned out nice. :thumbup: Weight looks like its distributed evenly, I bet it's gonna fly nicely.
Maybe you should consider 40's with all the torque that LRP is gonna put out.

Last edited:
Ya I know! I thought you didnt buddy......you think ya got a small fuel boil issue goin on there

So far, both of my LRP's kind of have the fuel boil problem. It's not really bad I just think an insulated carb would help. I have noticed if you rime it a couple times then wait a sec they start right up.

Last edited:
Wow. That thing really turned out nice. :thumbup: Weight looks like its distributed evenly, I bet it's gonna fly nicely.
Maybe you should consider 40's with all the torque that LRP is gonna put out.

Thanks Nitrotrout. Yes the MGT doe a nice job with weight distribution. The MGT is a great performing truck with some small improvements! I hope to have my wheels and tires here by Friday so I can at least complete the break in process. I decided to go with a set of RPM Revolvers and HPI Dirt Bone tires. Trying to keep the rotational mass light until I see how long my diffs will hold up to the LRP's massive power. I have them shimmed as perfect as I could get them but the diffs are prone to breakage in these rigs.

Lookin good there buddy comin out real nice

Watching you build yours is making me so eager for all my parts to get in so I can start putting mine back together!

Have you decided on shocks yet? I ended up ordering 4 sets of Pro-Line 6063-01 . For tires I ordered in some Pro-Line Blockade VTR 4.0 M3 to try out.

Watching you build yours is making me so eager for all my parts to get in so I can start putting mine back together!

Have you decided on shocks yet? I ended up ordering 4 sets of Pro-Line 6063-01 . For tires I ordered in some Pro-Line Blockade VTR 4.0 M3 to try out.

Yeah shocks are installed. I went with Traxxas BB shocks with the tini coated shafts. I was thinking about the proline's but I didn't think I could get enough preload adjustment for a heavy MGT. If you try them and like them let me know I would give them a shot. Current setup is 70wt oil rear and 60 front plus I am running the Integy heavy spring set up rear with the next up lighter in front. I had to do some configuring on the shock ball ends to get the length right to. T-maxx shocks are just a tad shorter. The RPM arms have a built in limiter which is nice if your on the track, if your a basher not so nice. I left my limiter there because most of the time this rig will be on the track. Later if I need more travel the HPI shock ball ends will fit the Traxxas BB shocks perfect and that puts me at just a tad longer than the stock MGT shocks. With the New era shock towers I have a lot more options opened up for shock configuration. I have had very good luck with the Traxxas BB on all of my other BB Maxx trucks they are smooth and very tough shocks.

---------- Post added at 7:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:31 AM ----------

Lookin good there buddy comin out real nice

Thanks bro!

That is so beautiful man I envy your talent in upgrading it to total badassness!

Cannot wait to see her rip!!

That is so beautiful man I envy your talent in upgrading it to total badassness!

Cannot wait to see her rip!!

Thank's man I really appreciate that! Weather here is going back to crap again, next day its decent I will get a few more tanks in it and then get a good vid of it ripping it up!:D

Any action pics at all? Just got my 2nd MGT and I cannot believe how f'n fast this mill is inside heavy pig!! I can't even imagine the pure Norris power from a heavily upgraded platform!!!

3 things, 1) Are you running a 2 speed trans in it this time around or single? Are you running upgraded trans & or gears? (Looking to bomb proof my trans)

And finally is your tire/wheel combo smaller than the enormous factory tires? What sort of spur/CB gearing adjustments did you have to make to maintain peek performance & normal operating temps if any?

Sorry if youve already gone over the topics already.

Any action pics at all? Just got my 2nd MGT and I cannot believe how f'n fast this mill is inside heavy pig!! I can't even imagine the pure Norris power from a heavily upgraded platform!!!

3 things, 1) Are you running a 2 speed trans in it this time around or single? Are you running upgraded trans & or gears? (Looking to bomb proof my trans)

And finally is your tire/wheel combo smaller than the enormous factory tires? What sort of spur/CB gearing adjustments did you have to make to maintain peek performance & normal operating temps if any?

Sorry if youve already gone over the topics already.

Sorry bro no action pics or vids yet LOL! And yes the MGT is heavy but these trucks are really great performance machines for what they are. To answer your questions.
1. Yes I am running a 2 speed
2. It is the 8.0 trans, pretty much as close to bomb proof as it gets for the MGT.
3. My gearing is stock 8.0 49T spur 20T clutch bell. Which the LRP.32 pulls easily with the 3.2 tires. I get uncontrollable will spin even in second gear.
4. I am still kinda in the break in process at tank 5 but I had to sock the engine to keep my temps at break in even with this gearing.

What kind of performance differances would I see if I were to change my 4.6 gearing from 51T spur ??T CB to the 8.0 gearing? I recently got another MGT 4.6 from NitroBuzzard so I have been havin the time of my life with it! All I can say is these MTs were made from the sweat and blood of Chuck Norris & Bruce Lee! :hehe:

What kind of performance differances would I see if I were to change my 4.6 gearing from 51T spur ??T CB to the 8.0 gearing? I recently got another MGT 4.6 from NitroBuzzard so I have been havin the time of my life with it! All I can say is these MTs were made from the sweat and blood of Chuck Norris & Bruce Lee! :hehe:

LOL!:hehe: Norris love it! I would not recommend running the 20t clutch bell with the stock .28 engine. Highest I would try would be an 18t bell That would add some more top end and take away from that wheel stand torque some. The only reason I went so high with my gearing is because the LRP.32 puts out sooo much torque that you can actually gear up and turn that torque into more speed to a point. Also my MGT is pretty much a track rig so I had to gear it up to help keep the front end planted where it needs to be so I can actually drive it LOL!:D Also if you go a heavier weight grease or fluid in the front diff cup it seems to turn in better when on the track.

Back