HULKS MGT BUILD (race mode)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are your suspension plans hulk ?

Not entirely sure. I was thinking the Gmade piggy backs. Trying to work out the shock tower problem. If I can't locate some with some nice adjustability kinda stuck with limited options. I have researched the Proline powerstrokes guys are running the rear slash shocks on the MGT's with good ratings. Wish some of these companies would start producing more parts for the ole MGT, since the Rival uses the same setup! May be doing the 8mm stub axle upgade also. This project has been taking forever to locate parts. I have been in contact with the Dude rc guy they are still making there parts and there tough as nails. Guy used to race the mgt back in the day.

How about the supershock hulk?

How are those RPM arms fitting. Make sure they don't bind. Two of the three sets I've owned have hindered the suspension system. You can dremmel it out if you need to...but something to check.

How are those RPM arms fitting. Make sure they don't bind. Two of the three sets I've owned have hindered the suspension system. You can dremmel it out if you need to...but something to check.

I have never had any issue with RPM products. There quality and durability for me has always been great. This will around the 30th or so custom build I have done using RPM products with no issues but thanks for the tip!:D

Well I just dropped some serious cash into this rig dang! Ordered $220.00 worth of parts! Those alum diff housings are not cheap. When my wife see's this she is prob going to crap herself, :whhooo: her face when she checks the online account info! At least I don't have much left to get. Here's what I got so far. New era .28 machined alum upgrade engine mount, GPM alum gear box's GPM gear box fastner rings, Alum chassis mounts, Complete RPM arms, full set of aluminum gear box braces, 8.0 spur gear setup, Still need exhaust not sure yet, RD logics makes a nice rear exit setup, I kind of want to stay with the rear exit. Still working out shock options, and the shock tower problem. Also not sure about clutch, was thinking about going with the 8.0 stock alum 4 shoe clutch. Now just waiting for the parts to roll in. If my wife doesn't kill me tomorrow I may pretty much finish up ordering the parts!:) Also managed to score the last set of New era alum front and rear skid plate covers.

Update

Just scored me a full set of Aluminum New era shock towers for the MGT build, thanks to my bro Nitrotrout!:D

Wow this build has been a major pain in the butt when it comes to getting parts. I am still trying to get my order cancelled with new era, waiting on paypal for that. Placed an order with Asiatees last night only to end up somehow getting it screwed up. I have never has this much of an issue with ordering ever.

Parts can be a major PITA especially if you're dealing with a project that has limited parts support, bad vendors or, if you're like me, halfway through the build you realize "oops, I need one of those and forgot to order it" and the whole project comes to a crashing halt.
It all pays off in the end though. :thumbup:

Well I was really hoping that I would get some work accomplished on this build tonight! Unfortunately it was a no go.:( I figured I would at least get my FOC installed in the 8.0 trans, but before I started on it I thought I would see how the 8.0 spur went together. Right off the bat BAM, the kit I bought off the bay didn't include the roll pin for the spur back plate. Then I figured out I was short the back plate washer that goes behind the roll pin. So I am back to ordering parts just to get this thing started. I am hoping to get my FOC started by tomorrow night so at least there is some progress. Once the trans in complete I can get my brake figured then drill and mount the trans and spur brace to my team chassis. Wish I would have just purchased the trans with the spur attached would have saved cash in the long run:(

Lmao, its always something small that screws up an install aint it bro.....u decide on a shock yet?

No bro, I am still kicking around shock options around for it. I managed to score a set of new era shock towers that should make for some better adjustability so I may have more options on the table. I would really like to give those Gmade piggy backs a shot. though. I hope if I get my FOC finished up tomorrow night I will get pics of the parts I have gathered so far.

I liked the gmade with the airation cap deal

I liked the gmade with the airation cap deal

me to man! I am thinking bout going that route. At this rate I got plenty of time to figure it out. It's been one step forward and two steps back with this build. Once I get rolling on it, I am hoping everything will come together. I did manage to get a set of Hot racing aluminum diff case's though. Or at least the package say's hot racing, they look beefier than the GPM cases. One other thing it's going to kill me to drill into that team chassis! But I got to run that 8.0 trans one way or the other with that LRP.32

Last edited:
Liking this thread Looking for word to whats next .

had to go clean the dust of mine LOL
100_1996.jpg

That's a nice 8.0 I am thinking about adding one to my collection. I sold off one of my maxx rigs to a friend so I got to replace it with another LOL!

I'd like to see how those G Made shocks work out if you decide to go that route.
I don't know anything about them but they look cool.
Are you going to use 8 shocks or 4?

I'd like to see how those G Made shocks work out if you decide to go that route.
I don't know anything about them but they look cool.
Are you going to use 8 shocks or 4?

If I go with the Gmade shocks it will most definitely be an eight setup.

Back