HULKS MGT BUILD (race mode)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's will look killer with eight of those...
They look really decent

Yah I have been checking reviews online for them everyone has had mostly good things to say about them. I finally got some work done on it this evening! I got the FOC installed WOW progress LOL!:hehe: I was hoping to have my brake setup figured but I am feeling under the weather so I figured the FOC was a good accomplishment. Here's pic's of some of the parts that's been coming in lately. Still waiting on Asiatee's order for an extra set of titanium hinge pins and my other engine mount. My RPM arms finally came to. Waiting on my RC Solutions cage also just really going to be using the side plates anyhow.View attachment 13473

View attachment 13474

View attachment 13475

Last edited:
That's will look killer with eight of those...
They look really decent

You know I have given thought to trying out the new Integy MSR9 piggybacks. They are now CNC machined and several guys are running them on there SC trucks at the local and they love them said there quality has improved a lot.

:eek: cmon bro dont turn on us now

I know right LOL! I may try out those Integy's on my beater maxx, just to test there newer quality stuff. I have been searching online and I can't seem to locate those 103mm Gmades in the piggy backs anywhere?

I'm skeptical of "new and improved" Integy parts. The issue I had with my piggybacks was the shock shafts. After a few jumps of less than 3ft. high, seven of the eight
shock shafts bended like Beckham. Not to mention they leaked like a sieve even before I bent them. :( Now they're looking pretty on my shelf queen. :hehe:

You know I have given thought to trying out the new Integy MSR9 piggybacks. They are now CNC machined and several guys are running them on there SC trucks at the local and they love them said there quality has improved a lot.

Gotta remember the weight difference between a SC and a 10th or 8th scale MT...

Gotta remember the weight difference between a SC and a 10th or 8th scale MT...

Of coarse I realize the weight difference! I was just stating that the SC guys have been running them with no problems. They make the MSR9
s for the Tmaxx also. And pretty much all the Integy shocks I have run in the past have been big POS's. I will argue with anyone about there new chassis braces though I have a set on my beater maxx and have yet to bend them and that rig see's some big air and bad landings a lot.

Last edited:
Update!

Wow got some more work finished up tonight. Got the trans and brake worked out. I tell you I almost cried to drill into that team chassis for the spur gear brace, but it's worth it to have the 8.0 tranny. I am betting that Crazy nut double disc brake added some serious stopping power if not it sure looks cool as heck LOL!:hehe: Hope to get to the diffs tomorrow. I am still waiting on my engine mount and my chassis side plates to get here from Rc solutions. Any how here are some pics sorry my camera sucks as usual.

View attachment 13485

View attachment 13486

View attachment 13487

View attachment 13488

View attachment 13489

View attachment 13490

Last edited:
I'm not at all familiar with MGT's but it appears to me like she's coming along nicely. :thumbup: Keep up the good work.
I put one of those CNR brake kits in my Supermaxx. I don't know how it is performance wise yet, but it is wicked cool.

Thanks Trout it definitely looks legit bro, it will get tested out for show this season. I am kinda combing like 3 generations of MGT here so so far things have went really well. I am hoping my RC Solutions cage and side plates come in soon. I am still kicking around shock options and also exhaust still thinking bout going with the LST exhaust but I really like a rear exit. They just do not make much in the rear exit setup for the MGT though.

Nice bro! They still make the crazy nut?...I would've clinched my teeth for sure drilling the chassis but its for the greater good man, looks fine anyway

Nice bro! They still make the crazy nut?...I would've clinched my teeth for sure drilling the chassis but its for the greater good man, looks fine anyway

Nope crazy nut stuff not around anymore bro. It's pretty much impossible to find any of the parts I am using on this build. About the only company left still producing after market parts for the MGT is GPM. You can locate the Team chassis every once in awhile on ebay but they usually go for a high price. This one was NIB.

I didnt think so bro, guess u lucked out finding alot of what u got

Well I've been off work sick and today I was feeling somewhat better so I got some work done on the MGT! The only problems I ran into is that it's almost impossible to get the stock mounting srews out of the a Arms pivot mounts with out at least drilling a couple of the screws. Also the diff ring's I purchased did not fit the Alum diff housings . I had to make a shim with some automotive heavy grade heat shrink tubing to get the ring's to tighten down correctly. Not sure why guess the Hot racing diff cases are smaller around in that area than the GPM ones, because the stock plastic rings would not fit
without the shims either. Any way got it worked out. Here's some pics of what I have accomplished so far. I might go ahead and get the front finished also. Still waiting on my Asiatees order to come so I can get my Engine mount and hinge pins. I still need to order my axle carriers not sure may go alum or the RPM's still deciding. Also I had to seal the diff case's with some Copper seal because there are no actual ledges to seal it tight. Rear diff has Bad horsie diff grease in the diff cup, and topped it off some good ole Lucas red and tacky on my ring and pinion. May have some more pics late tonight.

View attachment 13492

View attachment 13493

View attachment 13494

View attachment 13495

Last edited:
Been putting in the hours on the MGT build since the weather here is crap. Got a lot accomplished so far this weekend. Ordered my Integy 7075 Savage Xl aluminum clutch and my 17mm hex adapters as well. Hoping to get the proline badlands ordered Monday going to be running the renegade 1/2inch wheels with the adapters should give me a nice wide width I am looking for. I had to make my own bearing setup for the Factory team steering rack! By having to buy the parts separate I didn't get the bearings luckily I had the right bearings laying around with some shimming it came out perfect it's butter smooth steering LOL!:D Ordered my clutch bells also got a 18t and a 20t coming since the 8.0 uses the 20t stock I figured the Lrp.32 should puul that gearing easy if the stock engine will. Still trying to decide if I want the RPM axle carriers or stay stockers for now. Still waiting on that Asiatees order for my engine mount and hinge pins anyhow. Also still trying to work out the shocks. May have to go with factory team shocks with the heavy springs. I also may be scrapping the race setup and going with running the Rc solutiuons cage I really dig that cage setup on all of my other rigs. This thing should be a total beast when it's finished. This build has been awesome so far!

View attachment 13496

View attachment 13497

View attachment 13498

View attachment 13499

View attachment 13500

Last edited:
I would like to see it muddy thanx!

Back