Hsp HiSPEED just can't get it started

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billbo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have got a RC car for Christmas my first one, and it's only says to put a mix of petrol and two stroke at a mix of 1 in 4 which I have done so, but it still won't start, have I used the wrong fuel or any other tips would be welcomed
Thanks in advance

What car is it? Nitro fuel isn't petrol. HSP does make some 1/5th's so far I know

1000017105.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've used the wrong the fuel but when looking it up it's saying it's dangerous to mix, petrol and nitro fuel, is there any advice on cleaning the engine of petrol?

WD 40 is a great cleaner. I’d remove the glo plug and intake boot, spray it good and turn the motor over. A bunch. Dump and repeated. Several times. That should do it.

View attachment 177961
I'm pretty sure I've used the wrong the fuel but when looking it up it's saying it's dangerous to mix, petrol and nitro fuel, is there any advice on cleaning the engine of petrol?

Depending on the vendor the giver or Santa got it from, it might be easiest for you to try and return it for a replacement if they have an accommodating returns policy.

I'm not suggesting you lie that it was broken or anything, many will take a return within the first 30 days if it was an honest mistake on the user's part.

Several of my own nitros were open-box deals with broken pull cords / minor damage that someone had broken/given up on and returned to Amazon - they showed up with the first buyer's return authorization slip still in the box. They expect a certain number of returns on these items, especially during the holidays, and have a system in place to account for them.

It might be possible to dump it out and flush it with nitro fuel or 99% rubbing alcohol, but replacing a few parts might be necessary if the gasoline has started to absorb into the rubber & silicone components. The fuel lines for nitro and gasoline have to be made of different materials because each will degrade the other's plastics. I would start with just the fuel lines, fortunately they're cheap.

I'm sorry that this is your first experience with nitros, they are lots of fun and I'm a fan of the HSP models, but there is admittedly a bit of a challenging learning curve to nitro RC's.