Hr shock emulsion caps for X maxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok then the original post is about hit racing shock caps. And and stopping the bouncing while landing?? So we didn't bring up the sway bar. And so with the caps another part that won't help with jumping or landing.. they are just caps. Stiffer springs and heavier or thicker oil will help with landing. And stop your bouncing. Side note the force of the truck coming into the ramp or dirt pile to jump. And the sudden angle change is going to push the whole truck down. So if you pay attention to the wheels and suspension of your truck. You will ready know that the springs compress and unreturn puts pressure against the wheels. So how does this little wire. That screws into the lower A arms. Side to side help with downward thrust??? And instead of paying attention maybe should do some research and read..View attachment 133282
So your saying the hr and M2c caps that all the big youtubers run for sending do nothing? I'm sorry but we can agree to disagree. They basically stop the bounce in landings. This can be seen in any of the many slow motion vids.
I'm all about sourcing other shock fluid and figured before I buy x bottles I'd ask around and see what folks are using.

I am a gear head. That being said I totally understand what a sway bar is and what it does. I even unhook it when I go off-road, so with that said. Lets leave that be. As we just wont see eye to eye. It's totally ok and like I said what works for me may or may not work for you. All I know is my rigs are more predictable when leaving an uneven pile of whatever. And that makes bashing more fun for me.

I got this directly from the M2c site.

This shock cap allows you to build an (emulsion style) zero rebound shock.

Last edited:
So your saying the hr and M2c caps that all the big youtubers run for sending do nothing? I'm sorry but we can agree to disagree. They basically stop the bounce in landings. This can be seen in any of the many slow motion vids.
I'm all about sourcing other shock fluid and figured before I buy x bottles I'd ask around and see what folks are using.

I am a gear head. That being said I totally understand what a sway bar is and what it does. I even unhook it when I go off-road, so with that said. Lets leave that be. As we just wont see eye to eye. It's totally ok and like I said what works for me may or may not work for you. All I know is my rigs are more predictable when leaving an uneven pile of whatever. And that makes bashing more fun for me.

I feel like emultions for jumps are whatever. Yes they are softer than bladders but you have to run stiffer springs to compensate or you'll just end up with more chassis slap. So emultions with stiffer springs or bladders with softer springs. Seems like just another tuning option in terms of big air. That being said I've never used them on MTs. I've used them on a buggy and I can see where they would help for a slower track with a lot of bumps and ripples vs a bladder but I've never tried them in a MT. If you go that route let us know what you think. I'm curious

Never said that you shouldn't use the bar or the caps.. Sorry I don't agree on buying something that only works part of the time. As I'm not going to spend $$ on something that needs to be un hooked. For any reason. For me to run my truck especially a 1000$ truck..And I sure won't listen to any YouTuber out there. Yeah they make cool videos and have cool bash sessions. But They will due the one video say oh its great it really helps. With any part or mod that they are given by the company that makes it.. Because they have people that all they do is scan the videos. And find the biggest ones out there. And hit them up and say hey if I give you this part will you do a video on it.. well 💩 hell yeah.. I will no problem.. then go back and watch their videos a few weeks or Month later I bet any amount of $$ the part the did a video on and said it's great. Is no longer on their truck or Car. Sorry I go by personal experience of the past 20+ yrs.. I didn't just decide to get in the hobby. Been in it since the 80s when I was ten. Youtube reviews are a joke to me.. sorry Thats my opinion.. as will agree to disagree.. you do what you want bud. I really hope it works for you. If it does stop back and let us all know please...👍👍👍👍

Here we go!💯💯💯 vid speaks about the shock pistons.