Hr shock emulsion caps for X maxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowCamo

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Anyone running them? Looking to stop the bounce when landing. Thanks.

Please relocate this to the X maxx section if need be.

Last edited:
Anyone running them? Looking to stop the bounce when landing. Thanks.

Please relocate this to the X maxx section if need be.
Have you tried thicker shock oil? That should stop the springs from being able to return to their uncompressed position as fast.

I have asked around and can not get a solid answer on the shock oil or diff fluid for that matter. Seems like folk just get these run them till they fall apart. So far I've gone through the diffs and stiffened them up a bit. That made a world of difference. Now I'm looking into the shocks. Thanks

Also went through all the bearings and added grease. After the shocks are resolved 20/50 gearing and motor bearings are next.

Last edited:
I have asked around and can not get a solid answer on the shock oil or diff fluid for that matter. Seems like folk just get these run them till they fall apart. So far I've gone through the diffs and stiffened them up a bit. That made a world of difference. Now I'm looking into the shocks. Thanks

Also went through all the bearings and added grease. After the shocks are resolved 20/50 gearing and motor bearings are next.
Whats up what type of driven you doing?
The shocks are personal driven and performance. I run 60wt oil with stiffer springs. Definitely want harden steel gears. 20/50 is what i run for now.. till I change the esc and motor.. diff fluid I put 50 front and rear..

Whats up what type of driven you doing?
The shocks are personal driven and performance. I run 60wt oil with stiffer springs. Definitely want harden steel gears. 20/50 is what i run for now.. till I change the esc and motor.. diff fluid I put 50 front and rear..
Hard packed dirt on construction sites with big piles of stuff to send from. No grass or concrete. Seems like the X maxx needs longer ramp to send off of compared to my 6s OC.

How does your X maxx land with the setup you have? Do you have a link to the springs?

I'd like to get a rear sway bar for this X maxx, but all I see are HR and they require the alum lower arms. Not going that route. Are there any manufactures or how too's on a rear sway bar? Thanks.

Hard packed dirt on construction sites with big piles of stuff to send from. No grass or concrete. Seems like the X maxx needs longer ramp to send off of compared to my 6s OC.

How does your X maxx land with the setup you have? Do you have a link to the springs?

I'd like to get a rear sway bar for this X maxx, but all I see are HR and they require the alum lower arms. Not going that route. Are there any manufactures or how too's on a rear sway bar? Thanks.
I don't use a sawy bar. Doesn't really help any. But for the plastic arms you have to drill a hole for the sway bar to mount too. The springs I use are from VG racing in cali.. And I have videos of my X airing out.. look for airing out the X.. under my name..or my YT channel StonerRC365

I don't use a sawy bar. Doesn't really help any. But for the plastic arms you have to drill a hole for the sway bar to mount too. The springs I use are from VG racing in cali.. And I have videos of my X airing out.. look for airing out the X.. under my name..or my YT channel StonerRC365
Though the OC is a completely different truck having a rear sway bar makes sending off dirt piles better as it keeps both rear tires in contact from what I can tell. Lands a little more stable as well.

Thanks for the info on the springs I'll look into them. I'll also checkout your youtube.

Though the OC is a completely different truck having a rear sway bar makes sending off dirt piles better as it keeps both rear tires in contact from what I can tell. Lands a little more stable as well.

Thanks for the info on the springs I'll look into them. I'll also checkout your youtube.
A sway bar doesn't help with sending the truck off a jump. They are made to help with handling and cornering. They help with the chassis roll. As they tie each side of the lower a arms together..They don't help with sending the truck off a jump. Or with the way the truck lands. That's all done with throttle control. Don't know who would say something like that...sorry bud...

Sway bars are never a bad thing but Stoners right theyre for cornering.
Oh yeah I get that they are not a bad thing.. But the X isn't a truck made for a sway bar IMO.. its a MT not a racer or even a truggy..It wasn't made for handling.. that's like telling me your going to lower the center of gravity on the Xmaxx to help with turning.. I would get the Kra8 if I wanted handling.. That's a truck I would put sway bar on. Only because it handles great with out it. And would only get better with one.. That's MY OPINION...Plus a sway bar is just another part that either requires special arms aluminum $$$ 😝. Or you have to drill out the plastic ones to get them to be mounted. Which in return will only weaken the arms. And more to replace when you break the rear from jumping it. 💩 can make a Sway bar out of a meatl coat hanger if you really wanted too.. Sorry thats my .02 cents and my opinon... to each there own....

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I'm entitled to my own experience and that's what matters. They help in the way I described for me and they don't break a darn thing... Anyhoo good meeting you guys later.

Oh man wasn't saying you weren't bud. Sorry if thats how it came across..I didn't mean anything by what I said man.. you are more then allowed to have your own opinion NO one said you weren't man sorry if you feel or felt that way 👍👍👍
Like you said everyone is allowed their own opinion. Guess it's only allowed oneway...have a good one👍👍👍

Last edited:
Whatever floats your boat man. We were just telling you what they are designed to do. Your are definitely entitled to your opinions and preferences.

I see SnowCamo doesn't play well with other..
Sorry if I offended you.
I simply replied to what was said. No biggie. I'm not here to debate on what works. Just get info on what I need/ want.

Oh I'm sure he's not affended and neither am I. But seems to be that you are. And that's OK. We will still be here haven fun and talking RC.. hope you found what you were looking for on YT or Search threw goggle.. have great day man👍👍

Sorry if I offended you.
I simply replied to what was said. No biggie. I'm not here to debate on what works. Just get info on what I need/ want.
Those guys did nothing more than try and help you but you became offensive.
Good luck, I hope you work out the problem with your rig.

Sorry if I offended you.
None of us are offended but your statement seems to contradict itself. You say you're not here to debate what works and what doesn't work, you're just here to get info on what you need/want. If I may paraphrase in order to add clarity, your statement is saying that I'm hear to learn what I need/want to know but I'm unwilling to debate what I believe I already know. My question to you is how are you going to learn and grow when you're unwilling to explore the possibilty that you might be wrong? I'm not even saying you are wrong, I'm just saying you can't learn and grow without being able to explore the possibility that you could be. Hell Stoner and I could be wrong but without debate we would never be able to find out. Just food for thought.

Guys I'm not offended. I am old scholl. Cut and dry. What works for me may not work for you. I pay attention to the wheels and suspension on my rigs when I send them. Having a sway bar keeps the tires planted till the rig is no longer on the pile. With that it keeps the rig more controlled.
To each his own. Contradiction is what one makes it to be. Mainly asking about the key points as noted in my original post. Good day gentlemen.

Ok then the original post is about hit racing shock caps. And and stopping the bouncing while landing?? So we didn't bring up the sway bar. And so with the caps another part that won't help with jumping or landing.. they are just caps. Stiffer springs and heavier or thicker oil will help with landing. And stop your bouncing. Side note the force of the truck coming into the ramp or dirt pile to jump. And the sudden angle change is going to push the whole truck down. So if you pay attention to the wheels and suspension of your truck. You will ready know that the springs compress and unreturn puts pressure against the wheels. So how does this little wire. That screws into the lower A arms. Side to side help with downward thrust??? And instead of paying attention maybe should do some research and read..
Screenshot_20210920-185928_Google.jpg