HPI Firestorm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicklex

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm buying a new nitro soon and I'm interested in the HPI firestorm. Wanted to know if anybody has one and how much they like it. I'm looking for a good quality truck. Thanks

A friend of mine has one and its a good ride. The roto start is pretty good but make sure you get a good charger for the batteries. The radio is now 2.4 which is glitch proof but its on the chincy side. Parts are readily available and almost every hobby shop carries them. If you don't like the idea of charging batteries, the rc10gt is a very good option that has a pull start.

I have a firestorm and its a good rig. If you don't like the roto start you can just buy the pull start back plate and replace it. I put Rpm a arms front and rear. An aluminum transmission case from integy. O.S. .18 engine. Carbon fiber brake disc . Ect

Ewww... integy! :hehe: My firestorm flux should be here tomorrow.

I know integy is only good for certain things. I needed an metal transmission case because my high torque servo kept ripping screws out of the plastic one. So it serves its purpose well.

P.S. Ewww....Electric :)

Last edited:
My buddy has a firestorm and hates it, but hes a drunk and doesn't know up from down with what he wants in an RC, so he has it sitting on a shelf with all of his other rigs.... Myself I love STs and would consider one if I didnt own 3 STs already.