HPI Firestorm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy41

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Where you guys getting parts for these? I'm looking for a nice set of wheels and can't seem to find a nice looking set? What size do they take and where is the best place to find them? Also what kind of shocks you running or reccomend for some track time and backyard bashing on our race track we built in our back yard?

Thanks, Brandon

I don't have a firestorm but I know www.hobbypeople.net has a ton of parts for it. That's where I get all the parts for my XTM cars and my HPI Blitz and they have a great customer service.

for good tires i recommend pro-line since AKA doesn't make 1/10 truck (stadium truck) tires heres a link to proline's website and the firestorm takes 2.2" size wheels and tires.
http://prolineracing.com/1-10-truck/

o and btw if you want to race it I recommend getting the softest compound tires you can and when your out bashing to put your original/stock tires on that came with the truck and keep the pro-line tires just for racing purposes only so that you don't wear needed tread for racing on them or buy a set for bashing and a set for racing. Tire wear really does make a huge impact even though it's sometimes hard to see. I would also avoid driving on the street or cement if you want to save your tires. I hope this helps you and everyone else that reads this. :D

Last edited:
Good info thanks! My next question is does the cool 2.2 rock Crawler wheels work for these or not? I'm way new to rc s. Or where to find cool 2.2 beadlock wheels??

they do fit but I wouldnt risk it for the fact that theyre bigger, heavier, rob power, and probably are hard on the motor. Putting on rock crawler tires would mean you can kiss racing it goodbye. Rock crawlers arent meant to be fast and have huge tires to make crawling rocks easier however RCs the the firestorm are meant to be fast and all crawler tires would do is slow them down because it takes more to turn over something bigger and heavier than something smaller and lighter. I would stick to getting the type of tires designed for that specific type of truck (1/10 stadium truck) for that very reason. I wouldnt do it. If you want to race it then I recommend getting pro-lines 2.2" bowties

Also the same thing goes for the beadlocks. Reason is because the are heavy and made out of metal (aluminum I believe) instead of plastic. They do save the trouble of having to glue the tires on and replacing the wheels every time you get new tires but the extra weight will rob power. I myself would rather glue the tires to the wheels and if you plan on racing I would also rather get those ugly dish wheels because no only theyre light but they add extra protection from rocks. When you go to a race you'll notice that most people will have those ugly dish wheels. When it comes to racing its all about performance not looks, but for bashing the looks arent always bad either. But for bashing I would still stay away from adding unneeded weight from bigger tires or beadlocks. But thats just my opinion its your call.

Last edited:
Ya I see what your saying. I just drive on our track we built in our backyard. So looks were what I was going after. But I just ordered the HPI Spike black chrome wheels and the proline bow ties. I like the bow ties I have em on my TMaxx as well. Maybe ill finish building the TMaxx for looks and the Firestorm for performance! Lol

haha sounds good I also have bowties on my Mammoth ST and theyre great tires but I might buy some AKAs instead once I get my differentials fixed that is. That Firestorm is a pretty sweet looking truck I like the body that comes with it stock its a sweet paintjob. Good luck racing and bashing :D

What kind of shocks/suspension arms are you guys running on your stadium trucks, or are a good aftermarket adjustable threaded bodies? I would like to invest in some, but can't really find any?

I would stick with the stock stuff when it come to that stuff. and I wouldnt buy aluminum either it may be stronger but it adds way too much weight. There arent very many hop up parts for stadium trucks anymore because their popularity has dropped big due to truggies, buggies, and the hot new trucks...short course. If you want to make upgrades to it then I suggest tires which you already did with bowties (great choice) I'm not sure what WT shock oil is in the shocks on that truck stock but you may want to put a lower WT shock oil in it. I had to change my XTM Mammoth ST's shock oil from 100WT to 45WT so it would handle better and take jumps better. I also suggest buying a different radio (controller) because HPI's are crap. The one that came with my Blitz doesn't even hold the batteries and has very little range. I suggest upgrading to #1. Airtronics, or #2. Spektrum. Also you may want to upgrade your steering servo if it doesn't steer on a dime. Also dust boots for the shocks really are a good thing to have so the shock oil doesn't get dirt in it and not work right. That way you dont have to change it so much. And if it doesn't require a hump pack battery and needs AA batteries instead, I suggest going to your local hobby shop and getting a new switch so you can use a hump pack battery. AA's tend to have reception problems for some reason. Hump pack batteries usually run $25, switches usually $5, failsafes around $20. Airtronics, and Spektrum radios around $200.

Forgot to say that steering servos range from the cheap ok $40 servos to the amazing $200 sevos. with servos you get what you pay for. My Losi 8ight T truggy has a $120 servo in it and doesn't even compete against the others with $200 servos through corners. My lap times are off by 3 seconds for that very reason. and if you think that stuff is expensive, there is an XTM dealer who will build an ultimate race truck out of an XTM XST truggy, total price.....$1,300 now thats a race truck!!!! I hope you bought the softest bowtie tires you could get because they have so much more traction. Huge all around improvement.

Back