HPI Firestorm spinning in circles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timaj

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my firestorm is wants to constantly go in circles i figured out that the rear wheels only one side spin if i hold the side that spins and apply throttle the other one does not spin any help?

It sounds like the differential needs to be rebuilt if the wheel spinning won't transfer power as you describe.

is there a good step by step instructions available I don't want to jump right into this without knowing what it entitles.

The manual is on the hpi site it should give you all the info you need

Also make sure you dont have anything bound up on any of the wheels drive shaft ect.... I got a wad of fishing line that did kinda the same thing you are explaining to me once.

frickenjoey said it! I would check the tires and shafts before anything, were i have also gotten things wadded up in there, remember the ol' xmods?? run one of those around your house and you get hair in the tire and it is seized, just an example, then go to the diff's, you may have a bad differential, or possibly bad bearings somewhere, something is either broken, seized, or missing...:)

like everyone stated tires and shafts would be the first thing i would check. I had this same problem when I had my firestorm but it was due to me running full throttle into a brick wall and grass got wadded up in there lol....but I ended up replacing the diff's anyways

Last edited by a moderator:
you were right tore it down found a shattered gear in the diff case picking up the parts tomorrow any suggestions on reassembly

grease, thats my suggestion, i use axle grease when i use my diff, like in the front, were for mine in the rear i have a locked hub so there are no diff gears, but i usually gob some axle grease in there other than that she should be good, don't put the diff in upside down or your front wheels will turn to the rear and rear to the front then your going no where until you take it a part again haha....

grease, thats my suggestion, i use axle grease when i use my diff, like in the front, were for mine in the rear i have a locked hub so there are no diff gears, but i usually gob some axle grease in there other than that she should be good, don't put the diff in upside down or your front wheels will turn to the rear and rear to the front then your going no where until you take it a part again haha....

yes, that could possibly be quite annoying..... hahaha:hehe: