Redcat xte pro problem?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brozum01

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My son has a redcat xte pro. Under load the rear wheels are not getting power. Only front tires spin. When i hold it up and manually turn the rear tires the motor turns and front tires spin but if i hold it up and put drag on the rear tires there is barely any power to the rear and only the front spin. I have disassembled the rear diff and rear drivetrain. Nothing is broke and everything is shinmed properly. No shaft pins are broken and the 8mm hex on tires or truck are not stripped. I can't figure this out. Can anyone help?

I've taken the rear diff apart and they look brand new even comparing them to the fron diff. The rear diff is shinmed properly with correst gear mesh

I'm not familiar with this particular model. Does it have a center diff or slipper? Do you hear any unusual noise when the problem occurs?

It sounds like your center diff is slipping and favoring the front. I'd look to see if there's any damage in the center diff and verify correct fluid level.

No center diff or slipper. Both front and rear supposed to have100% power all the time

have you checked rear grub screw on rear drive cup to rear diff,bs903-083 part #

No center diff or slipper. Both front and rear supposed to have100% power all the time
Definitely sounds like your drive cups are lose or missing screws. That go into your rear diff. Did you check to make sure the grub screws are still holding them to the rear diff. And they aren't missing. Or any of the other axle grub screws to the rear. That might cause them to slip?

Back