Hpi 2002 dodge ram body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do want that body but not for what the seller’s wanting to charge for it. I don’t know how much you paid for yours two years ago but the listing I found, they want $75 for the body and another $17 just to ship it. I did get the person reduced to $55 but even with the shipping charge, it’s still $75.

The only way I’m going to pay $75 for a body that’s gonna get used on a fast, 50mph+ bashing monster truck is it better be pre-cut, smooth and painted to my liking…lol.

I realize this is a discontinued item but charging a ridiculously high price for an uncut unpainted RC body shell is ludicrous.
That's really not a bad price for a hard to find body. Even current ones are close to that price. But if it's a body you plan to bash with, I'd be looking at something more easily replaced, or one of the tougher bashing bodies.

I paid about the same for mine. Hpi bodies are some of the best in my opinion because they take a lot of beating and bashing before they break. I buy then when I can. The decals are always photo realistic. In the end it is 100 percent up to you to know if it's worth it to you for that price. Jconcepts are cheaper by half and look just as good however 3rd Gen dodge ram bodies are extremely hard to find. I searched for about 2 years before I found the one I bought. 75 for the hpi sealed in bag body is good price wise. If you each for hpi bodies they run way more than that I've seen some over 1000 dollars so if it's worth the 75 to you get it if not move on and find something else.
You could also make a mold of it and scan the decals to have back ups of both items and learn how to vacuum form bodies and then it becomes an investment as you can make new bodies as you need. Just make a file of the decals to print as you need them as well. I work with a local printer to print extras of decals I need.

Last edited:
I paid about the same for mine. Hpi bodies are some of the best in my opinion because they take a lot of beating and bashing before they break. I buy then when I can. The decals are always photo realistic. In the end it is 100 percent up to you to know if it's worth it to you for that price. Jconcepts are cheaper by half and look just as good however 3rd Gen dodge ram bodies are extremely hard to find. I searched for about 2 years before I found the one I bought. 75 for the hpi sealed in bag body is good price wise. If you each for hpi bodies they run way more than that I've seen some over 1000 dollars so if it's worth the 75 to you get it if not move on and find something else.
You could also make a mold of it and scan the decals to have back ups of both items and learn how to vacuum form bodies and then it becomes an investment as you can make new bodies as you need. Just make a file of the decals to print as you need them as well. I work with a local printer to print extras of decals I need.
How has your venture into vacuum forming been? I'd love to play around with it.

That's really not a bad price for a hard to find body. Even current ones are close to that price. But if it's a body you plan to bash with, I'd be looking at something more easily replaced, or one of the tougher bashing bodies.
What would you recommend? Pro line is really the only one I know of that makes RC body shells but they don’t have a whole lot. It’s for a Revo 3.3 nitro that I bought brand new back in 2007 that I’m currently converting to brushless 4S Lipo. I really need a body that’s around 6 1/2 to 7 inches wide, no longer than 19 1/2 inches and no shorter than 17 1/2. Also, it can’t have the body mount pinholes pre-drilled either.

But yeah, I get it, this is a hard to find body that probably hardly anybody else has but the principle still applies… Lol. It’s not like this is some priceless item that somebody would intend to buy and display it or whatever with plans to have it the rest of their life and sell it for double or triple the price they paid for it 20 years from now. It’s just a matter of somebody trying to take as much monetary advantage of something that you can’t find anywhere else.

There’s another seller on eBay that has one of the remaining few pro line bodies that’s been discontinued that’s modeled after the 2013 ram 1500 pick up but he wants $75 for the body and about $14 to ship it and he’s not even interested in coming down from the price.

Honestly my back hasn't been up to it. I'm still trying to find an old oven and a few other parts to get it going.
If I were to build one, I'd be looking at a heating element out of a toaster oven, or space heater to heat up the poly sheets. Or I am sure one could easily be made using Rene wire and a power source as well. I looked into making a large scale hot wire cutter a number of years ago, and running that wire in a pattern to heat a sheet would be pretty easy to do.

Well, that’s good to hear about HPI bodies but then again, I just don’t wanna pay that much for one and second, I’d really prefer it to be at least the later end of the 3rd gen body style. I really wasn’t crazy about the 02-05 body style… Lol.

What would you recommend? Pro line is really the only one I know of that makes RC body shells but they don’t have a whole lot. It’s for a Revo 3.3 nitro that I bought brand new back in 2007 that I’m currently converting to brushless 4S Lipo. I really need a body that’s around 6 1/2 to 7 inches wide, no longer than 19 1/2 inches and no shorter than 17 1/2. Also, it can’t have the body mount pinholes pre-drilled either.

But yeah, I get it, this is a hard to find body that probably hardly anybody else has but the principle still applies… Lol. It’s not like this is some priceless item that somebody would intend to buy and display it or whatever with plans to have it the rest of their life and sell it for double or triple the price they paid for it 20 years from now. It’s just a matter of somebody trying to take as much monetary advantage of something that you can’t find anywhere else.

There’s another seller on eBay that has one of the remaining few pro line bodies that’s been discontinued that’s modeled after the 2013 ram 1500 pick up but he wants $75 for the body and about $14 to ship it and he’s not even interested in coming down from the price.
Every RCer is different. I have bodies just for shelf queens. Even my SCX24's I have custom painted and modified won't see a lot of harmful driving.

If it were me, I'd just buy an E- Revo body to bash with, and keep your eyes open for the truck body you want. To put much time and money into sourcing a body, just to go beat the hell out of it, to me is just a bit silly.

There are a lot of people in this hobby that would gladly pay that much money (and more) for a shelf queen body. So it is basically supply and demand. I am betting if you don't grab one as Kimmie said, you're going to find sooner than later you won't find one for sale.

Every RCer is different. I have bodies just for shelf queens. Even my SCX24's I have custom painted and modified won't see a lot of harmful driving.
Yeah that’s true but it sounds to me like this body in question is more or less designed for the type of RC truck that probably will see a lot of harmful driving… Lol.
If it were me, I'd just buy an E- Revo body to bash with, and keep your eyes open for the truck body you want. To put much time and money into sourcing a body, just to go beat the hell out of it, to me is just a bit silly.
See, that’s my sentiments exactly. I’ve been in the RC bashing world for over 10 years but I’m still not the greatest driver out there and even though as hard as I try not too, I’m still pretty hard on body shells. Even after two years of owning my Traxxas Maxx, I had to replace the body on it and it even has the built-in roll cage with the skid lid up on the roof and on the top of the tailgate… Lol.

But on a sidenote, I wonder if I could get away with a 10th scale crawler body. I probably wouldn’t go with this particular one because it’s… a Phord, but ProLine has this crawler body that’s real close to the specs I need in a car body. It’s 18 1/2 inches long, it’s probably about an inch wider than I would like and it looks like the wheelbase is about an inch shorter than what I’d like but it would probably work. What do you think?
There are a lot of people in this hobby that would gladly pay that much money (and more) for a shelf queen body. So it is basically supply and demand. I am betting if you don't grab one as Kimmie said, you're going to find sooner than later you won't find one for sale.
I completely understand that but like I said, for what I need, that’s just too much money on a body shell that is probably gonna get destroyed someday. That, and I just don’t believe people need to take that much advantage of the fact that it’s long been discontinued. I told the seller if somebody else wants to pay that high price, be my guest.

Yeah that’s true but it sounds to me like this body in question is more or less designed for the type of RC truck that probably will see a lot of harmful driving… Lol.

See, that’s my sentiments exactly. I’ve been in the RC bashing world for over 10 years but I’m still not the greatest driver out there and even though as hard as I try not too, I’m still pretty hard on body shells. Even after two years of owning my Traxxas Maxx, I had to replace the body on it and it even has the built-in roll cage with the skid lid up on the roof and on the top of the tailgate… Lol.

But on a sidenote, I wonder if I could get away with a 10th scale crawler body. I probably wouldn’t go with this particular one because it’s… a Phord, but ProLine has this crawler body that’s real close to the specs I need in a car body. It’s 18 1/2 inches long, it’s probably about an inch wider than I would like and it looks like the wheelbase is about an inch shorter than what I’d like but it would probably work. What do you think?

I completely understand that but like I said, for what I need, that’s just too much money on a body shell that is probably gonna get destroyed someday. That, and I just don’t believe people need to take that much advantage of the fact that it’s long been discontinued. I told the seller if somebody else wants to pay that high price, be my guest.
That crawler body is still $50 plus shipping. So up to you I guess.

If you want a good body, look for an "unbreakable body". They are a lot tougher, come in various colors, and are pretty bulletproof. All you have to do is apply decals.

That crawler body is still $50 plus shipping. So up to you I guess.

If you want a good body, look for an "unbreakable body". They are a lot tougher, come in various colors, and are pretty bulletproof. All you have to do is apply decals.
Well yeah, if I was to buy that particular body from prolines’s website, it would be about 54 bucks or so with shipping which is still a whole lot cheaper than that eBay listing by about 20 bucks which would be a whole lot cheaper on Amazon.

But yeah, I’ll have to look for those unbreakable bodies. I did, however find out that the shoe goo and drywall tape method does work pretty good. I bought a fairly cheap body from Amazon to go on my max that was pre-cut and pre- painted for about 20 bucks and so far it’s held up really well having the underside of the body smeared with shoe goo, over a bunch of drywall tape.

I found a website called probodyrc.com so is that the place you were talking about that makes these unbreakable bodies? I sent them an email asking some questions but considering since they’re in another country and being that I don’t know when they’re going to respond, do you know if these bodies come with all the decals like headlights, front grill, tail lights, etc.? I’m assuming they’re not painted, but instead made out of colored plastic.

I found a website called probodyrc.com so is that the place you were talking about that makes these unbreakable bodies? I sent them an email asking some questions but considering since they’re in another country and being that I don’t know when they’re going to respond, do you know if these bodies come with all the decals like headlights, front grill, tail lights, etc.? I’m assuming they’re not painted, but instead made out of colored plastic.
Pro-Line has unbreakable type bodies, and you can find some on ebay. Not sure if anyone else makes similar bodies.

If you do a search for "Unbreakable body" plus the kit you're looking for on ebay there are some sellers on ebay that have them. I believe the company that first came up with them was from Russia or at least thats where I order the 2 that I have from. Then proline came out with their own version at some point callee Bash Armor bodies. I have no experience with the Proline version. The ones off of ebay from Russia are expensive and worth every penny for bashing.

As a side note. make sure whether the one you order off of ebay come with stickers or not. not all of them do and some times the stickers can be purchased separately and sometimes they can't.

If you do a search for "Unbreakable body" plus the kit you're looking for on ebay there are some sellers on ebay that have them. I believe the company that first came up with them was from Russia or at least thats where I order the 2 that I have from. Then proline came out with their own version at some point callee Bash Armor bodies. I have no experience with the Proline version. The ones off of ebay from Russia are expensive and worth every penny for bashing.

As a side note. make sure whether the one you order off of ebay come with stickers or not. not all of them do and some times the stickers can be purchased separately and sometimes they can't.
I still have a little bit of time to choose my body so I think I’m gonna just go with the Proline 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel body wash bless I hear back from the people with those unbreakable ones.

I’m not really that much of a fan of the new 5th Gen bodystyles of the new Rams but I do like these better than the early 3rd Gen bodystyles the OP has. It’s a little shorter but I can make it work.

I found that proline Bash Armor body you were talking about but unfortunately it’s already been pre-cut up top for the E-Revo clipless body system.

I don't think the early 3rd gets are bad looking especially when they look like mine lol
20230309_120735.jpg

I don't think the early 3rd gets are bad looking especially when they look like mine lol View attachment 162541
Not too bad looking. Been in an 02 1500 and 06 1500. 06 has damn near 200k, and pulls a trailer daily. Also been in an 07 2500 Cummins. That was my favorite. 🥰

What I really wanted was another 4th gen body but Proline discontinued it. So far the only one I’ve found was on eBay but the guy wanted an arm and a leg for it.

IMG_2492.jpeg

IMG_2491.jpeg

Those are good looking bodies I'll give you that. I'm having trouble finding the jconcepts 93 f250 trail and scale body for my crawler now.

Back