HPI 15fe killed what should i do/buy ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroz28

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i would just rebuild it but head is stuck on it b/c i used red loctite LOL:clap: so if i can get it off i will do that b/c iam on a budget right now.

Option #1 send it in and see if they will repalce it under warrenty ,or do a trade in and get a hpi 12r ss. buts its $100 plus two way shipping .so ill cost $120 .

Option #2 buy a non hpi motor and sell my .15fe for parts ?

what can i get for $120 any suggestions on a new motor for my hpi rs4 3.

isn't their a upgrade program for the FE send it in with some cash get anew engie..wow its late..

Lykan yeah there is an engine program that HPI has but he would be cheeper to just get himself a higher quality engine. I think you can get into an OS CVRX for about that price. Check www.towerhobbies.com Good motor from what I know.

ok i got head off drilled them out , so i wana rebuild where can i get the BEST price on a oem piston and sleeve and maybe a abc piston and sleeve. is the any where else u can buy the hpi speed shop packages???

Last edited:
If your LHS has one you can get a Wasp .18. RS43Drifter's was about $110 i think.

How did you get them dirlled out? I have a block with the head off, and one screw stuck in the block. I heard los of good suggestions but havent tryed yet.

i just em until the head of the screw poped off using a small drill bit to dig into the screw then a drill bit the size of the screw head and it poped of. then ik just pryed the head off and all the screws just unscrewed ou real easy with some plyers . dam i lucked out only broke a corner of a cooling fin on the crack case o well. even if i ever wanted to upgrade it with hpi ill be ok they take almost anything. but they only give u like 20-30 dollers of retail .

ok should i buy a HPI T-15 For $49 at towers ? or buy a new piston and sleeve for $40 ????

I would just buy the new engine makes more sense to get a more powerful engine for $9.00 more.

iam going to get the t-15 but its on backorder at tower . and ill part out my 15fe if its worth it ?

Back