How Tough is the Losi Super Rock Rey (Full Version)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I was sort of right...?????

Keep up the good work..??

Here's a spare in case you lose the one from today

... because it’s a rock rey?

Because it got launched into the air and landed on a giant rock without breaking! ??? I can only imagine what would have happened to an Xmaxx in the situation. Plastic chassis would have definitely shattered along with a God know what else ? I was actually stunned into silence when it first hit. I couldn’t believe it wasn’t in pieces.

Drives away from certain death!

Then breaks on a small jump with a good landing...

???

Drives away from certain death!

Then breaks on a small jump with a good landing...

???

Right? I think the axle housing got damaged in the previous jumps or even when I landed on the rock. Then it finally let go. Regardless, once you address a few areas (spindles, steering bellcrank and servo) the truck is rock solid. The broken wheel issue is frusrating and I will look to change the wheels/tires once there is a direct replacement.

It's a super fun truck and wicked powerful. Those jumps are just a blip of the throttle. It's unreal. Some guy put road tires on, geared up and hit 82 mph!

Because it got launched into the air and landed on a giant rock without breaking! ??? I can only imagine what would have happened to an Xmaxx in the situation. Plastic chassis would have definitely shattered along with a God know what else ? I was actually stunned into silence when it first hit. I couldn’t believe it wasn’t in pieces.
Well my point was that it didn’t break from the rock because it’s a rock-rey, but, an XMAXX would have been fine, I broke my a arms on one side today because I misjudged an angle and hit a park bench at an angle at 40 mph. I mean, if your rock rey thinks it’s pee pee is bigger than my XMAXX we can always settle it by seeing how fast we can destroy a couple grand of RC :)

Well my point was that it didn’t break from the rock because it’s a rock-rey, but, an XMAXX would have been fine, I broke my a arms on one side today because I misjudged an angle and hit a park bench at an angle at 40 mph. I mean, if your rock rey thinks it’s pee pee is bigger than my XMAXX we can always settle it by seeing how fast we can destroy a couple grand of RC :)

There's no way an Xmaxx drives away from that.

Look at the bottom of an XMAXX chassis, it isn’t flat. It’s a tough truck, it’s my skate park go to and took a concrete park bench to finally break it. I send it off the dish full beans and don’t always land perfect and it keeps going. You watch Kevin Talbot don’t you?

I’m gonna have to disagree. An xmaxx really wouldn’t get damaged at all from a landing like that. You’re comparing a rock rey to one of the most proven basher MT’s ever lol, people like what they like for a reason you know ? if plastic chassis weren’t extremely durable, people wouldn’t like them. If xmaxxes weren’t extremely durable, people wouldn’t like them.

You should buy an xmaxx. You’ll probably enjoy it. One rule I have about everything I say is that I can’t make negative claims about anything I’ve never owned. Still, all respect to how you do you!

Regardless how strong the x-maxx is, it's surprising the rock rey drove away from that hit. Just the sheer mass of that thing hitting a boulder like that is ridiculous!

After all the thrashing I've put my stampede through, I was surprised I literally broke it in half last weekend. Can only attribute it to the cold and the heavy 3S pack I had in it.

Regardless how strong the x-maxx is, it's surprising the rock rey drove away from that hit. Just the sheer mass of that thing hitting a boulder like that is ridiculous!

After all the thrashing I've put my stampede through, I was surprised I literally broke it in half last weekend. Can only attribute it to the cold and the heavy 3S pack I had in it.
Oh yeah, no denying that. Definitely surprising to me as well that thing weighs a ton!

Also, does the stampede have the new rustler/slash lcg chassis or is it still the old one? I snapped a few of those as well.. not a fan!

Oh yeah, no denying that. Definitely surprising to me as well that thing weighs a ton!

Also, does the stampede have the new rustler/slash lcg chassis or is it still the old one? I snapped a few of those as well.. not a fan!
Old one. For what I do, I don't want to that close to the ground.
cx8xisK.jpg

I’m gonna have to disagree. An xmaxx really wouldn’t get damaged at all from a landing like that. You’re comparing a rock rey to one of the most proven basher MT’s ever lol, people like what they like for a reason you know ? if plastic chassis weren’t extremely durable, people wouldn’t like them. If xmaxxes weren’t extremely durable, people wouldn’t like them.

You should buy an xmaxx. You’ll probably enjoy it. One rule I have about everything I say is that I can’t make negative claims about anything I’ve never owned. Still, all respect to how you do you!

My LHS has $100k of Traxxas inventory and he does a ton of repair work. There are 4 xmaxx’s there waiting to be repaired. Every time I go there there is at least one in the broken pile. Give me an xmaxx and I’ll happily jump it onto the rock.