How To Get CA Glue Off Tire And Rim?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha, sounds like it may work but the thing is that I think people want a little bit more neat and quick method. haha, I like ur idea though.
-Pat (redhatman)

Southern said:
1. Get a 1/2 pint of Goo Gone and mix with a half-gallon of whole milk. (Stay with me...)

3. Mix up a mixture of denatured alcohol, Pam cooking spray, yellow mustard and mineral spirits. (2 cups of each.)

You have got to be kidding me!!!!???????

KX250Rider,

Boiling worked perfectly for me. I used like a 1 1/2 foot tall pot (or kettle or whaterver they are called) filled it half full of water, threw the tires in and then got a smaller lid (that fit inside the pot) to hold the wheels down into the water.

I had to boil for two hours, but just after the two hour mark, they peeled off the rims easily and perfectly. Absolutely no rubber got left behind on the wheels. Be careful though, as boiling water gets into the foam inserts, and sprays when you are squeezing the tires off of the rims, even if you try to cool the tires down first with tap water.

How hot did you boil at?

Sorry for the delay, I just cranked the stove on high. That is why I used a huge pot only half full, so it wouldn't boil over. The lid weights them down, since the tires float. I also flipped the tires over every half hour or so to make sure both sides were staying wet.

Don't get impatient though, the ones I let sit for two hours came right off, the one I tried after 1 1/2 hour, did not work, and took way over two hours by the time I threw it back in the water and got it hot enough to try again.

Holy cow dude... It worked for me at only about 15 minutes...

.21Rc10GT said:
Holy cow dude... It worked for me at only about 15 minutes...

I bought my car used. The guy that I bought it from, had the wheels scuffed in the bead area, and super glue for the entire diameter of the tire. There was so much that it had filled over and glued a couple parts of the foam inside. Plus, this is on an 1/8th buggy. I haven't seen a RC10GT rim in a while but the style wheel they had back in the day, would not have put up as much of a fight as a modern buggy wheel. So maybe that was the difference. Then again, maybe different type of glue, I don't know. I wish it only took 15 minutes, I am an impatient person.

Back