How The Pirate Kills T-Maxx / Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe that someone could think that this

painted_side.jpg

will kill a Savage.

kazi, looks like the site that is hosting your posted pic does not support remote linking.

edit: looks like it is working now.

I see why they call it a truggy.

Last edited:
Hey can-fly-but-not-drive,

Why don't you put your rear tires on the right way, then come back and brag about something. halfwit.

Mad Force kills all 3.

Is this the RC version of Rock/Paper/Scissors ?!?!?!

lolol

muswagon said:
Hey can-fly-but-not-drive,

Why don't you put your rear tires on the right way, then come back and brag about something. halfwit.

Your better then me pal!
I didn't even see that. But I'm glad you did.
Thats funny.

I dont got either three but,But i came in this thread and now just seen about the tires,if that was a R/C Crawler then i would be ok wit the tires being backwards it gives better traction on rocks

Ok??

Well, I'm not gettin into all of that my truck is better than your truck kind of garbage, but I will tell you why I selected my Monster Pirate over say a T-Maxx or Savage. The biggest thing was that it was an 1/8 scale. I really did not want a truck based on a 1/10 scale since my ST's are 1/10 scale as well. Plus, I've had an Ofna buggy before and the MP is very easy to work on if you are familiar with the Ofna line. Yes, you need to shim the diffs, but it has no center diff which places more drive out to the front and rear diffs for proper 4WD handling. For me, the MP was a nice truck and I really have had no issues with it. Of course, I've never owned a T-Maxx or Savage, but for a stock truck, the only major mods that were done to it was the use or Proline 17mm hubbed wheels and Maxx Mashers along with an upgrade to a Hyper 8-port. Outside of that, the truck is solid. 4mm chassis stock, 4mm shock towers stock, and if you do want some hopups or upgrades there are always the CNC diffs, arms, plates, etc available from Ofna and Powerline. Any way, for me, as a first time MT, it has been great and I have no complaints. But again, I've never drove/owned a T-Maxx or Savage.

My $.02!
PD2:cool:

If people actually read this other monster truck talk they would be bitchin about how thier savages or t-maxx's are better it all depends on what the owner has unless it just totally blows(sorta confusing but...) for example if someone had a savage and never broke anything major like fried the engine or somethin they would say thiers is the best. But unless you have experienced every monster truck or car its hard to critize others saying yours is much better. You sorta contradicted your thread title sayin "But again, I've never drove/owned a T-Maxx or Savage." so your oppinion really isnt that ummm i dunno the word.... not saying you oppion doesn't matter but it isnt really honored....

At this point, it would probably be an un-educated opinion. It's like you said, he hasn't driven anything else to compare it to. Others have said the same.

To be honest, I'd like to see a MP. I have it's steering linkage on my savage and if the rest of the truck is as beefy, then I can't imagine it not beng able to hold it's own.

Whether or not it's better is up to the guy that has the Savage, Maxx, MGT, LST, Mammoth AND the Pirate. Even then it's just an opinion.

Yes thats all very true so basically this thread is just here to boost up mp owners' ego's. Honestly though a mod just definantly delete this

Sure, I'd agree to deleting the thread - all its going to do is turn into flaming wars with most guys posting ZERO facts about each others trucks. Hence, why I posted the facts about my MP and what I thought of it. If some one wants to change the title or what not, that is fine. But I definitely never agree about bashing other member's rides or for that matter acting like my truck is better or I'm better - period. Again, was just trying to give some factual info about my truck and not bash anyone.

Peace in da fleece!
PD2:cool:

Back