How do u become a moderator?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx97

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys, i was just wondering how do u become a moderator and administrator? is it just like the founders of this site are those people or what? i have just always wanted to know so i am asking now.

bryan:write:

they were the people best fit for the job and where the first few people that were members of rcnt when it started

thats what i thought

bryan

your kidding right?

See first you rent some webspace. Then you buy some forum software, then you make a site, and viola you an admin and a mod all in one.

You dont have to be one of the first members of RCNT to become a mod. There are too many factors we take into consideration for that to be one of them.

Bottom line is that if you display the characteristics and qualities we would be looking for, chances are, we will approach you. This will happen when we feel we are understaffed. However, I strongly recommend 'plantin the seed' by sending a PM to the current RCNT staff expressing you interest if you would like to some day become a mod. This then tells us you would be willing to take it on. It could be months, years or depending on who it is, never. It doesn't mean anyone dislikes anyone, we just look for a 'fit' for the job at hand.

And its not a bed of roses either!

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
You dont have to be one of the first members of RCNT to become a mod. There are too many factors we take into consideration for that to be one of them.

Bottom line is that if you display the characteristics and qualities we would be looking for, chances are, we will approach you. This will happen when we feel we are understaffed. However, I strongly recommend 'plantin the seed' by sending a PM to the current RCNT staff expressing you interest if you would like to some day become a mod. This then tells us you would be willing to take it on. It could be months, years or depending on who it is, never. It doesn't mean anyone dislikes anyone, we just look for a 'fit' for the job at hand.

ok ill mod the puppet master forum... lol

but only if you ask nice...

Have a good button-finger :wban:

so what does a moderator do?

bryan

i think they can edit and delete post and move them but the moniter posts

Originally posted by bmoc2008
i think they can edit and delete post and move them but the moniter posts

Does the above statement make any sense to anyone here?

Msly - You get my vote for puppet master. I wonder if you can get a "five finger" discount?

LOL. bmoc is at it again. Msly - I will give you your 2nd vote for puppet master. :)

Originally posted by SuperMaxx97
how do u become a moderator and administrator?

if you let woodie have use of your wife while he's at your house, he'll let you co-admin with him.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ

Well you know i've been wanting to become a moderator, but for some reason, no one has approached me...lol

Originally posted by kwong2001

Well you know i've been wanting to become a moderator, but for some reason, no one has approached me...lol

Don't call us, well call you. I'm sure you have heard that line before Kwong.