BEC voltage question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
If I set the BEC voltage higher in my esc (Hobbywing XR10 Pro), will it send all of that to all of the channels of the receiver? Also, how to I know the other electronics can handle it?
My servo (Xpert 4000 LV) can operate up to 6.6v. The ProTek Fan I have can operate up to 8.75v. My receiver (RadioLink RC6FG) can operate up to 15v.
The only thing I am worried about is my transponder (MYLAPS 3 wire) that does not state what voltage it can handle. The BEC voltage in the ESC, I can set anywhere from 5 to 7.4v. By doing this, I could make my servo a little faster, and have my fan producing a little more power to cool the motor?

Never mind about the BEC voltage. For my esc, it is switchable between 6v and 7.4v. I guess I'm kind of stuck with 6v since my servo is a high of 6.6v.
The 5v to 7.4v is selectable for the XR10 Pro G2.

yes if you set bec to 7.75 that voltage is going thru + and- everywhere from esc to rx to all attached components
you reasearch installed gear thru web and find max and min voltage

MyLaps voltage range is between 3.0 - 16.0V

Industry standard for servos is to support 7.4V, the time has come to replace the servo if you need the extra speed and torque on 7.4V ;)

Back