Hot Bodies Stadium truck???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james4302

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Has anyone heard or have any experience with the new hot bodies stadium truck??? any info would help i'm in the market for as truggy........

I have both in stock and I own a RR version and LOVE it!! It is very fast around the truck and a lot of racers are buying it. The Pro ver is really sweet - I was thinking about sell the RR and keeping one of the Pros! This has become one of my favorites. I have run REVO, T-Maxx, Savage, many buggies and I really feel this handles the best hands down. Out of the box it is made and does win races (by laps I might add). Pop an Outlaw .26 on there and you will have many trophys on your shelf!

Thanks
Bruce

I have a Pro sitting on my table ready to go. Planning on taking it to the track tomorrow. First thing I did was pull the electronics and engine out. Then went through the entire truck with loctite (seems they don't know how to do this at Hot Bodies). Also changed out the yellow watery stuff they call diff fluid. The truck looks real nice. After tomorrow I'll know a little more.

Yes the Pro is RTR and I sell them for $525 - I have one left

Is it a buggy turned truggy, or is it a totally differant truck all together? I'm interested in turning my Lightning Pro 2 into a Truggy, and have been trying to find out info on it. I'm wondering if I can buy the arm, drive shafts, wheels, and tires, and slap them on my buggy.

Parts supplies are tight right now but should be available real soon. This is longer then a Lightning buggy. I have to get a lot of items shipped this morning but if I have time this after noon I will look at both to see if you can swap parts (happen to have both sitting here). From what I understand there are more parts from their lightning street car.

Thanks
Bruce

Any info would be nice. Thanks Bruce. I may also be talking to you about selling it, but I can't make up my mind, as I have alot of parts for it. As you said, part for the Lightning are hard to find, so I have been stocking up whenever I get the chance.

Hey I got tied up today and about to go to a party so I will see about LS parts fitting on the LP2 in the morning - sorry - major honey do's today lol

No problem. Not in a hurry.

Raced the truck last night and it is alot of fun to drive. Since I'm
new to MT's it took me a couple of laps to figure it out. I can safely
say it drives NOTHING like my XB8 :) After I got used to it I was
turning some pretty quick laps. Had a couple of 26 second laps and a 25 second lap (fastest of the night in any class). I TQ'd and won the A. We had an extra 20 minute $$$ race at the end that I won as well.

I could use a little more steering out of it though. The truck wanted
to push on-power through the turn. I would have to let it slow waaaay
down to get the back to rotate through the turn or hit the turn fast and
then brake hard to bring the rear around. The track is medium to high
bite and a little bumpy in some areas but mainly smooth. Decent sized
jumps with a pretty good quad. I ran 5F, 7C, 2R in the diffs. 45
weight shock oil all the way around with the shocks on the inner hole.
56mm block in the rear. Proline bow ties. Airtronics 359 on steering
and 757 on throttle. Medial Pro M2K with JP-1.

Congrats on the win!!

Ok here is what I can tell about using the Lightning Stadium parts on the Lightning 2 Pro 1/8 Buggy. The whole front and rear assembly from the LSP will work on the buggy. From my measurements it is a direct fit. All the mounting holes for the diff attachment are the same.

Hope this helps you!

Sweet! I'll have to get my hands on some part #'s, and see about building a Truggy. Like I said before, I hope the arms, cvd/dogbones, and maybe out drives. Oh yeah, and wheels, and tires of coarse.

I just bought the RR model and the thing impresses me more everyday. This will be the truck to beat in the unlimited class for sure. Also I can't wait to see all the other companies make one of these...I'm sure they will...MMM Kyosho!

BTW: I wanted to know what weight shock oil to run in a stock rr...The suspension is wayyyy too soft. Anyone know the stock weight thats in the shocks?

Stock Wt is probably 35, but I really don't know. I run 40 in the front of my buggies. 35, or 40 in the rear, and 50 all the way around in my T-Maxx, but it's just a basher. Just my $0.02

how good r they for bashing? an how weak r the plasitc arms? because all they ppl i talk to dont like aluminum cause if u do break it thats alot of $$ in the shitter. i have decided to get this or a sut what do u all think is better for bashing?

You have to remember for bashing the more the suspension/ground clearence the better in most cases...The HB is totally a race bred truggy while the SUT is set up with monster truck tires that are useless on the track.

Back