Hornet: Wrong Speed Controller supplied - On off switch?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielhornet1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
This is admittedly similar to another post I have just seen ( I'm a bit of a novice so I'm trying to avoid making any changes to the fabric of the car that I may go wrong on)
The ON/OFF switch that is wired into the Speed Controller is tiny, it doesn't have any screw holes to enable fixing into chassis - any advice would be much appreciated.
It's a real bump in the road.

Thanks in advance

IMG_4391.jpg
IMG_4392.jpg

Welcome to the site.

Zip ties or double sided tape. My castle switch I tied with a resistor to the body post adjustment holes.

Shoe Goo is good for gluing down switches. Its very strong and durable but is removable. Thats what I typically use.

I use two way tape, the good stuff. But I like some of the alternatives suggested. Gluing it down in particular. And zip ties, I like zip ties in general.

Thank you ALL!!!!

I'm going to fix it down somewhere on the chassis myself then - Cheers

Can you not cut a piece of styrene to fit your switch (like a new faceplate) and screw it down to the existing switch mount? Otherwise, double sided tape works.

Or, you can buy the correct switch off Amazon and just splice it into the wires. Easy peasy.

Last edited:
All great options.
Let me suggest a different approach. In addition to racing, I come from a 20 year background in battling RC Warships (IR/CWCC). We shoot and sink each other and the devices get submerged - can u say super mudbog - and we use brushed and brushless motors. in addition to epoxy potting many components that are not truly waterproof, our standard is to eliminate any switches. They will go bad and fault when you least expect it anyway.

cut the switch off 1 inch from the case. strip, twist together the wires, solder and cover with shrink tubing then a dot of E6000. The system turns on when you plug in the battery. No problem. It also make you fully disconnect after runs so you don't forget and leave a battery in the system when done with a race or the day. Simple. Ultimate reliability. one less component to go bad. One less thing to find a place for and lock down.

Back