hi, new member have ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kendawg

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
a few years back I got my first R/C a Traxxas T-maxx 3.3... I got it all customized, but didn't have a place to run it at home and alwasy had to take it else where... well I got a mc and needed an exhaust, so I sold the t-maxx... well now that I moved a couple years ago, I have a nice side yard to run in now, plus my brother is talking about making a little track for him and his son to run is r/c... so I would like to go over there and race them from time to time...

So now, my ? is, what should I get? My birthday is in Feb and I told my wife this is what I want...

so I started looking...was looking at 3.3 reveo, or the Losi 8ight T 2.0 or the losi ten-t.... the 8ight t being the 1/8 and the others being a 1/10...

I will mostly be running around my house and a little racing/bashing at my brothers... I don't really do any jumping (don't like breacking things)...

the Ten-T is sounding good to me... not sure how much after market stuff there is for it though... my brother has some beatup 2.5 tamaxx's and I think he said he has a Team assoc. something (not sure what model).

Welcome, I am not going to lie my friend, if you dont ever plan on breaking things you wont get to dive into the hobby full blast, none of like to break things, but when we do, there is something 110% better as far as upgrading the broken part.

I would recomend the Revo, I hear the Losi 8T and 10T are more of a racer friendly rig, the Revo can do both very well with MANY styles of truck you want with the Revo. MT, or a Truggy, or a badass street truck.

I recommend the Revo as well. It was my first Nitro and it's been really good for bashing.

Revo is good for bashing but not so much for racing anymore....it had its day on the race track but from what I've read that day has come and gone. If you want something for bashing that has alot of hop ups the REVO would be your best bet. The Ten T is a great little truck....but the ROSS starter sucks...needs to be replaced with some other type of starter and its ment more for a track than a back yard. The REVO I believe will have a little better ground clearance than a Ten T. The 8ight T is probably the highest quality out of the bunch but also comes with the biggest price tag. If you wanted something you could bash and race this would be the one you would want. If you want something cheaper and just for bashing in the back yard honestly the REVO is probably a more economical choice thats a great basher with lots of aftermarket support and I say that even though I am quiet the Losi fanboy. I love my Ten T but if Id have realzied when I bought it that it was basically a shrunken 8ight T with a crappy starting system then Id have p[robably saved my money and bought the 8ight T. (yeah I know the names should have been a dead give away you would think right? Ten T/8ight T.....Oh well hind sight and all that)

I was looking very hard at the 8ight t 2.0.... still thinking about it... my brother is talking about making a little track for fun,(lay down a course with some cones or something) and I have a nice side mostly flat yard I can do the same... I like to run them hard, and plan on racing my brother (plus you never know, could find a local track one day and decide to race)... but I'm not crazy on the big jumping stuff (thats where things get broke).

Have you looked at the Savage? Very tough and durable, easy to work on. I do like big air jumps and have yet to break anything even after some nasty crashes and very bad landings. They just keep on trucking and begging for more.