help with 3.3 break-in

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddierc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
on the fifth step of the break in process on the traxxas t maxx trx 3.3 when it says to ease on full throttle it cuts off.

Does that mean your applying full throttle or letting off from full throttle?

If your applying full throttle, it may be a bit rich causing it to flood out, or your increasing throttle too fast for a new engine causing it to flood out, or it's not warm enough causing it to flood out. How m any tanks into it are you? What are the head temps? What are the ambient temps?

on the fifth step of the break in process on the traxxas t maxx trx 3.3 when it says to ease on full throttle it cuts off.
the tires lock up too it smokes at the gears and engine

Does that mean your applying full throttle or letting off from full throttle?

If your applying full throttle, it may be a bit rich causing it to flood out, or your increasing throttle too fast for a new engine causing it to flood out, or it's not warm enough causing it to flood out. How m any tanks into it are you? What are the head temps? What are the ambient temps?
fifth tank

My Slayer like to jam small rocks under the spur gear and lock up like that.

it would start to smoke from the gears and when i do hit the throttle it shuts off and starts to smoke near gears and engine

I'm not sure what's going on here with smoke coming from gears. Did you spill nitro on them and maybe they are getting hot and that's what the smoke is from?

Can you turn them? Is the smoke from the clutch. Make sure the clutch and everything is free spinning.

It shuts off after full throttle and then smokes from the engine and gears

Sounds like your clutch is to loose does it rev very high than shut off because I seen that happen but if it's smoking from tha gears it's not your gears got to be tha clutch too loose it's not bitting tha pressure plays it's just rubbing tha plate an getting hot if this is tha case tighten tha clutch to avoid warping your clutch plate

The smoking at the gears... Is it possible that your smoke is coming from the brakes? A warped disc or one not adjusted properly would account for your brake lock up issue as well. I have also seen the hex that the brake disc sits on break down and cause issues.

I would say be very careful. I ran in to this recently when I was tuning the engine on my Slayer as well. The reason mine would shut down at full throttle was a lean condition. Try richening your HSN a half turn and try again. I also thought I was flooding it out and I kept leaning it out in 1/8th increments with zero change. That's what raised the red flag for me.

Are the gears stripped? Do you still have drive to all the wheels?