help tuning engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onebadranger

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just bought an XTM X factor 24.7 monster truck. Need help tuning it
does not run. is there anyone who can help?

I just bought an XTM X factor 24.7 monster truck. Need help tuning it
does not run. is there anyone who can help?

find out wat the base carb settings are, prime th engine by blowing into the exaust pressure line. fire it up. if it wont start give it some throttle trim on the controller. (i always have to to get my truck to start) then from there tune the hsn first (normaly leaner than the base setting) lean it 1/8 turn at a time untill there is just a small stream of smoke comming from the exaust. (dont go to lean tho this can ruin your engine) then fro there do the lsn let the vehicle idle for about 5-10 seconds then punch the gas. if it bogs down or blows excesive smoke lean it an 1/8 repeat until it hase nice exceleration without boggy down (again dont go to lean)

IF THE ENGINE IS BRAND NEW MAKE SURE TO BREAK IN THE ENGINE BEFORE TUNING OR DRIVING!

hope this helps you out! good luck and have fun!:first_place:

find out wat the base carb settings are, prime th engine by blowing into the exaust pressure line. fire it up. if it wont start give it some throttle trim on the controller. (i always have to to get my truck to start) then from there tune the hsn first (normaly leaner than the base setting) lean it 1/8 turn at a time untill there is just a small stream of smoke comming from the exaust. (dont go to lean tho this can ruin your engine) then fro there do the lsn let the vehicle idle for about 5-10 seconds then punch the gas. if it bogs down or blows excesive smoke lean it an 1/8 repeat until it hase nice exceleration without boggy down (again dont go to lean)

IF THE ENGINE IS BRAND NEW MAKE SURE TO BREAK IN THE ENGINE BEFORE TUNING OR DRIVING!

hope this helps you out! good luck and have fun!:first_place:

How do you tune a three-needle carb? I'm new to this, so a dummy guide would have been nice :)

with a three needle carb I'm not so familiar, you have a low, mid, and high needle. from wat I've herd you shouldnt touch the mid needle from base settings. so you would tune it exactly the same as a 2 needle

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60832
i belive this will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know and even more

I don't believe the XTM 24.7 has a 3rd mid-speed adjustment.

HSN adjustment is 3 full turns out from bottom.
LSN adjustment is done by sliding the slide open, then screwing the LSN in all the way until it stops, be gentle or you will damage the needle seat. Then back it out 8 full turns.

Those are the factory settings.

XTM 24.7 manual
XTM 24.7 Engine

I have had a couple of those engines and tuning them is fairly forgiving. Adjust the needles as suggested above, but you will more than likely be leaning the nearly a full turn once you get it running and adjusted. I still have one of them and I run it in my savage as a winter engine.

I have a third nipple, eeeh, needle...

I dont have the same car as the threadstarter, just stole his thread to get help :)

I got a JBA .28 engine.

If that is the case, then you may want to start your own thread since this thread is about a completely different engine.

Back