Help redcat caldera wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it's still not catching. Maybe 1 Outta every 20-30 times I pulled the cord it would fire up and start.

Ahh I'm not the same guy haha. I like to set the high speed needle flush with the edges and the low speed just under flush. That is a base setting and then you tune from there

Sorry, didn’t see your post yesterday. Here are your pics.
CD6B5BA7-CDF6-44F0-8D02-244529CCF0FE.jpeg
FD7654C9-FDC2-47D2-A49C-0FB504C9C954.jpeg

Also another thought on your one way bearing, if somehow it got turned around and is on the shaft backwards, that would make it slip. Maybe try turning it around and see what happens.

Here’s a better pic of the low speed needle.
E27FCFD8-CCF8-444B-9011-35FA47099B98.jpeg

Everyone who has been helping me to resolve this issue with my truck I can't thank you enough. But I'm just getting so frustrated with this thing. So it's catching almost every time now. It seems like as long as it's primed good it's fine. But I have went through the tuning flow chart several times and it's still not running right. It stalls at around 1/2 throttle if it makes it passed that then full throttle kills it right away. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like your high speed needle is a little lean. Maybe turn it out another 1/16 to 1/8 turn and see what happens.

Thanks a lot. Going to go try that right now!!!! I will get back to you with an update shortly!!!

I can now get it started with the first pull every time but it is still not running right. When I try to go full throttle it bugs or floods then stalls every time. I'm desperate to get this thing running right.

When you say it’s flooding is it spitting out lots of smoke and unburned fuel? If it is then your high speed needle is too rich. Lean it 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn. If there’s not much smoke or none at then it’s too lean and you need to richen it a little. Don’t give up. You’ll get it

I can now get it started with the first pull every time but it is still not running right. When I try to go full throttle it bugs or floods then stalls every time. I'm desperate to get this thing running right.
Richen the high speed needle if there is not much smoke and if it makes a sound that it is starving for fuel. If there is tons of blue smoke then lean it. Also put the car so the front end is facing the ground. Then tip it sideways so the exhaust hole is facing the ground. If it is running rich lots of oil will come out of it. That could be your problem, your exhaust is blocked with oil.

Back