Help on choosing car under £550

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm slowly leaning more towards the baja/short baja and the mojave but if anyone has got anything else that will be helpful

Last edited:

there is a video, they are extreme loud LOL

looks hard to handle, wheelies and donuts only.
2wd and short wheelbase , it is what it is

I would go with Mojave everyday of week
These are awsome winter in snow also

With Mojave You want scorsched fenders, or Dusty Motor chassie cover, Because these Mojaves are dirt collectors
0C7B79CA-02AF-46C8-AF80-4276F14DE04E_1024x1024@2x.jpg

DSC01861.jpg

I'm slowly leaning more towards the baja/short baja and the mojave but if anyone has got anything else that will be helpful
Kraton 6s, not sure on price in the EU/UK but it’s kinda a jack of all trades.

Also, my Mojave EXB has lots of diff issues out of the box and had get my rear diff warrantied and now 8 packs later the front diff is having issues.

If you want the Mojave, get a RTR. IMHO

many arrma diffs come dry from factory,.
this is ALL Arrmas, brand new you must check all diffs, and fill extra oil in many cases.
also shim, these shims are included in box. Then you have no issues

i did change my oils to thicker, better
if i remember right the front and rear diff came with 10k oil in both, i did 15k rear, 30k front
center was 100k
i did that 150k cst i have run it 8s and 6s , no issues., only problem is when go 8s tyres blows, too fast

diff fluid level must be 75%
many of these have come filled at 50% level only
couple have been dry. Not filled i have seen and read.

Sadly you can not trust diff oils are ok, you must check them and fill more

i did shim also front and rear diff, with the included shims in box

Last edited:

there is a video, they are extreme loud LOL

looks hard to handle, wheelies and donuts only.
2wd and short wheelbase , it is what it is

I would go with Mojave everyday of week
These are awsome winter in snow also

With Mojave You want scorsched fenders, or Dusty Motor chassie cover, Because these Mojaves are dirt collectors
0C7B79CA-02AF-46C8-AF80-4276F14DE04E_1024x1024@2x.jpg

DSC01861.jpg
Yeah , thinking mojave is gonna be the one. Will get those scorched fenders as they also give it a more scale look + a radical rc bash bar so I don't bend the metal chassis . At some point in future might get hobbywing system. Also like the truck look as when I got my first rc I got a truck but had to send it back. Thanks

Yeah , thinking mojave is gonna be the one. Will get those scorched fenders as they also give it a more scale look + a radical rc bash bar so I don't bend the metal chassis . At some point in future might get hobbywing system. Also like the truck look as when I got my first rc I got a truck but had to send it back. Thanks

Yes the fenders are great.
And that radical UK bash bar is awsome.

You can do max6 next summer. and buy 1/8 buggy or truggy roller or kit, and put this firma 150a system in.
something like this
https://shop.robitronic.com/de/hobao-hyper-vse-elektro-buggy-hb-vse

The first updates you need do is
1-Fenders
2-Better Steering servo
3- Radical UK Bash bar , just before you start drive really hard.

35kg digital standart size waterproof servo, these are strong, and handles bad crashes also

Now order that Mojave, you will be happy, they are so fun. I love mine.
It is actually the worlds best 1/7 short course truck, alot better than traxxas udr.

This is one of the best and most fun bashers

there is tons of parts and hop ups.

You will never have issues find parts

take some pictures when it arrives

good luck and have fun whit it, great buy

Last edited:
Not sure how much better it looks with the fenders, but they keep a lot of dirt out of the chassis.

Yes the fenders are great.
And that radical UK bash bar is awsome.

You can do max6 next summer. and buy 1/8 buggy or truggy roller or kit, and put this firma 150a system in.
something like this
https://shop.robitronic.com/de/hobao-hyper-vse-elektro-buggy-hb-vse

The first updates you need do is
1-Fenders
2-Better Steering servo
3- Radical UK Bash bar , just before you start drive really hard.

35kg digital standart size waterproof servo, these are strong, and handles bad crashes also

Now order that Mojave, you will be happy, they are so fun. I love mine.
It is actually the worlds best 1/7 short course truck, alot better than traxxas udr.

This is one of the best and most fun bashers

there is tons of parts and hop ups.

You will never have issues find parts

take some pictures when it arrives

good luck and have fun whit it, great buy
Hi , thanks very much, will do those at some point. Very good point with the roller I didn't think of what I would do with the old electronics,already have a buggy so would probably get something like this = https://www.modelsport.co.uk/produc...Wd83iwCodOzGUetVuc3NqUajxaI8GZQUaApE_EALw_wcB https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/hob...Z1G1nFuWK4qy_O6ZMgLR_jUSWejmzQfEaAraQEALw_wcB https://www.modelsport.co.uk/produc...qVRmpy897fbAfdrwW_vTpEAmEQH1kXVEaAg1pEALw_wcB there is three different link there) I will be getting it at the start of next month hopefully will make sure to send some pics 👍

Back